May 12, 2014, 7:27 PM EDT
Boston Bruins forward Matt Fraser played in his first career postseason game on Thursday and ended up scoring the game-winning goal in overtime. With their backs against the wall, the Montreal Canadiens have to hope that 21-year-old defenseman Nathan Beaulieu will be at least respectable.
Like Fraser before him, Beaulieu will be making his NHL playoff debut tonight. The difference is that the stakes are even higher now as Montreal is down 3-2 in the second round series.
Beaulieu has 23 games worth of regular season experience and has four assists over that span. He also had seven goals and 27 points in 57 contests with the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs in 2013-14.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25