May 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
On one hand, you have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist, a netminder who is especially lights-out in elimination games at Madison Square Garden. On the other hand, there are the Pittsburgh Penguins, a franchise that is 4-0 in playoff series with the Rangers.
It’s possible that both trends could continue – this is only Game 6, after all – but at some point, something has to give. We’ll see if the Rangers can keep this series alive or if the Penguins can manage to be the first team to reach the conference finals in this postseason.
Game 6 between these two teams takes place on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)