May 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
On one hand, you have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist, a netminder who is especially lights-out in elimination games at Madison Square Garden. On the other hand, there are the Pittsburgh Penguins, a franchise that is 4-0 in playoff series with the Rangers.
It’s possible that both trends could continue – this is only Game 6, after all – but at some point, something has to give. We’ll see if the Rangers can keep this series alive or if the Penguins can manage to be the first team to reach the conference finals in this postseason.
Game 6 between these two teams takes place on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)