May 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
On one hand, you have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist, a netminder who is especially lights-out in elimination games at Madison Square Garden. On the other hand, there are the Pittsburgh Penguins, a franchise that is 4-0 in playoff series with the Rangers.
It’s possible that both trends could continue – this is only Game 6, after all – but at some point, something has to give. We’ll see if the Rangers can keep this series alive or if the Penguins can manage to be the first team to reach the conference finals in this postseason.
Game 6 between these two teams takes place on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)