May 11, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
On one hand, you have New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist, a netminder who is especially lights-out in elimination games at Madison Square Garden. On the other hand, there are the Pittsburgh Penguins, a franchise that is 4-0 in playoff series with the Rangers.
It’s possible that both trends could continue – this is only Game 6, after all – but at some point, something has to give. We’ll see if the Rangers can keep this series alive or if the Penguins can manage to be the first team to reach the conference finals in this postseason.
Game 6 between these two teams takes place on NBCSN and can also be streamed via the link below.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)