May 11, 2014, 12:02 AM EST
It seems to have overshadowed a hard-fought win for the Boston Bruins on Saturday.
Bruins’ forward Shawn Thornton was caught on video spraying water from a water bottle at Montreal Canadiens defenseman P.K. Subban during play late in the third period of Game 5. Subban was incensed, going straight to the referee at a stoppage in play.
Jeremy Roenick weighed in on how the Bruins were able to get to Subban in this most crucial game.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)