May 11, 2014, 7:25 PM EDT
Every now and then, sports provide stories so perfect they almost seem scripted.
It kind of felt like that when Martin St. Louis scored a 1-0 goal for the New York Rangers against the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 on Sunday. With his father and sister in attendance, St. Louis scored a goal on Mother’s Day, just days after his mother France St. Louis passed away.
Moments after the go, St. Louis showed a burst of speed that was surprising for any player, let alone a 38-year-old.
We’ll see if an early 2-0 lead holds, but so far the Rangers are providing inspired play … and St. Louis is leading the way.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 0
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 23
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25