May 11, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
There was an anxious moment for the Anaheim Ducks in their win over the L.A. Kings on Saturday.
In the third period, Kings’ defenseman Drew Doughty leveled Ducks’ forward Corey Perry with a hip check along the boards, leaving Perry crumpled on the ice for a few seconds before he slowly made his way to the bench, favoring his right leg. The hit occurred in the opening minute of the third period.
Perry, even though he was in pain immediately following the hit, remained in the game. Perry registered a pair of assists in the win.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36