May 11, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
There was an anxious moment for the Anaheim Ducks in their win over the L.A. Kings on Saturday.
In the third period, Kings’ defenseman Drew Doughty leveled Ducks’ forward Corey Perry with a hip check along the boards, leaving Perry crumpled on the ice for a few seconds before he slowly made his way to the bench, favoring his right leg. The hit occurred in the opening minute of the third period.
Perry, even though he was in pain immediately following the hit, remained in the game. Perry registered a pair of assists in the win.
- Devils re-sign Greene to long-term pact 0
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 35
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 46
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (46)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)