May 11, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
There was an anxious moment for the Anaheim Ducks in their win over the L.A. Kings on Saturday.
In the third period, Kings’ defenseman Drew Doughty leveled Ducks’ forward Corey Perry with a hip check along the boards, leaving Perry crumpled on the ice for a few seconds before he slowly made his way to the bench, favoring his right leg. The hit occurred in the opening minute of the third period.
Perry, even though he was in pain immediately following the hit, remained in the game. Perry registered a pair of assists in the win.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 3
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)