May 11, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
There was an anxious moment for the Anaheim Ducks in their win over the L.A. Kings on Saturday.
In the third period, Kings’ defenseman Drew Doughty leveled Ducks’ forward Corey Perry with a hip check along the boards, leaving Perry crumpled on the ice for a few seconds before he slowly made his way to the bench, favoring his right leg. The hit occurred in the opening minute of the third period.
Perry, even though he was in pain immediately following the hit, remained in the game. Perry registered a pair of assists in the win.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 1
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 1
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 6
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)