May 11, 2014, 12:38 AM EDT
There was an anxious moment for the Anaheim Ducks in their win over the L.A. Kings on Saturday.
In the third period, Kings’ defenseman Drew Doughty leveled Ducks’ forward Corey Perry with a hip check along the boards, leaving Perry crumpled on the ice for a few seconds before he slowly made his way to the bench, favoring his right leg. The hit occurred in the opening minute of the third period.
Perry, even though he was in pain immediately following the hit, remained in the game. Perry registered a pair of assists in the win.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)