May 11, 2014, 2:05 PM EST
Never before has a squirt or two of water from a bottle gotten so much attention and for that, Boston Bruins forward Shawn Thornton is sorry.
While talk of the Bruins’ dominating win should’ve been the buzz the day after, it was Thornton’s skills with a water bottle that got all the attention as CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty shares.
“I obviously got caught up in the moment,” Thornton said. “The fine . . . I’ll pay the fine. I obviously agree with what the league does there. I’ll pay the fine and move on. I’m sorry that the silly incident kind of overshadowed how my teammates played, and the great win, and how good this series has been. There are definitely more important things that we should be focusing on. I got caught up in the moment, and I probably shouldn’t have done that. I’ll move on and get ready for Game 6.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien is usually the first guy to back up his players in tough situations, but he said, “I don’t think I can support Shawn on these actions.”
Seeing an incident like this take on a life of its own is all part of the fun when it comes to the Bruins and Canadiens. Here’s to hoping both teams can put the bottles away in Game 6.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54