May 11, 2014, 10:46 AM EST
Former San Jose Sharks great Owen Nolan was recently inducted into the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame. After eight seasons with the Sharks, he’s a guy who has strong ties to the team and community. He’s also a guy with opinions.
As Dan Brown of the San Jose Mercury News shares in an interview with Nolan, he’s feeling down about seeing the Sharks lose in seven games to the Los Angeles Kings, especially after holding a 3-0 lead.
“I am surprised. I really thought this year we were going to make a really solid run at it, especially when they get up three-games-to-none. To lose four straight, it was disheartening,” Nolan said. “Everybody will have their opinion. Nobody really knows what went wrong except for inside the organization.”
Hearing a Sharks alum like Nolan call their latest playoff departure “disheartening” is like hearing it from a disappointed parent.
You know Nolan loves the team and wants to see the best for them (he was team captain for a bit) but coming up short when they were so close to finishing it off and moving on hits him right in the emotional wheelhouse.
For the record, Nolan knew a thing or two about coming up big in a big spot for the Sharks. Just ask Roman Turek…
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 29
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 19
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (154)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)