May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The rookie blueliner skipped Sunday’s morning skate with what’s believed to be an illness, but he’s good enough to play tonight as the Penguins aim to eliminate the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
The Penguins posted their defensive combinations for today’s contest:
Perhaps Maatta will have a “Jordan Flu Game”-type performance tonight? If nothing else, his opponents will probably limit trash talking to a distance that’s safer from the risk of spreading germs.
It probably doesn’t come as much of a surprise that the Rangers are sticking with their Game 5 performance after a strong output with their backs to the wall.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 1
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 5
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 24
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)