May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The rookie blueliner skipped Sunday’s morning skate with what’s believed to be an illness, but he’s good enough to play tonight as the Penguins aim to eliminate the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
The Penguins posted their defensive combinations for today’s contest:
Perhaps Maatta will have a “Jordan Flu Game”-type performance tonight? If nothing else, his opponents will probably limit trash talking to a distance that’s safer from the risk of spreading germs.
It probably doesn’t come as much of a surprise that the Rangers are sticking with their Game 5 performance after a strong output with their backs to the wall.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)