May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EST
The rookie blueliner skipped Sunday’s morning skate with what’s believed to be an illness, but he’s good enough to play tonight as the Penguins aim to eliminate the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
The Penguins posted their defensive combinations for today’s contest:
Perhaps Maatta will have a “Jordan Flu Game”-type performance tonight? If nothing else, his opponents will probably limit trash talking to a distance that’s safer from the risk of spreading germs.
It probably doesn’t come as much of a surprise that the Rangers are sticking with their Game 5 performance after a strong output with their backs to the wall.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5