May 11, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
The rookie blueliner skipped Sunday’s morning skate with what’s believed to be an illness, but he’s good enough to play tonight as the Penguins aim to eliminate the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
The Penguins posted their defensive combinations for today’s contest:
Perhaps Maatta will have a “Jordan Flu Game”-type performance tonight? If nothing else, his opponents will probably limit trash talking to a distance that’s safer from the risk of spreading germs.
It probably doesn’t come as much of a surprise that the Rangers are sticking with their Game 5 performance after a strong output with their backs to the wall.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 28
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 41
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 29
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 59
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6