May 11, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks fought their way back into this Western Conference second-round series, and now it’s all tied at two-games apiece.
For the Kings, already in a low-scoring series with their California rivals, goals have been especially hard to come by in the last two games – both losses for L.A. On Saturday, facing 20-year-old rookie goalie John Gibson, the Kings got 28 shots on goal but not one of them crossed the goal line. Anaheim was also credited with 25 blocked shot, making it difficult enough for the Kings’ shooters to get pucks through the Gibson, although he saw his fair share of rubber.
Recent struggles have Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter asking for his top players – he didn’t name anyone in particular – to battle through the tight checking Anaheim has employed in this series.
“I think the ability to finish it off. We had trouble scoring against Anaheim,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider. “They’re doing a good job of keeping us to the outside, keeping top players to the perimeter. Give them credit for it. Not allowing them to get any time or space. Some of our top guys have to fight through it more.”
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)