May 11, 2014, 1:34 AM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks fought their way back into this Western Conference second-round series, and now it’s all tied at two-games apiece.
For the Kings, already in a low-scoring series with their California rivals, goals have been especially hard to come by in the last two games – both losses for L.A. On Saturday, facing 20-year-old rookie goalie John Gibson, the Kings got 28 shots on goal but not one of them crossed the goal line. Anaheim was also credited with 25 blocked shot, making it difficult enough for the Kings’ shooters to get pucks through the Gibson, although he saw his fair share of rubber.
Recent struggles have Kings’ head coach Darryl Sutter asking for his top players – he didn’t name anyone in particular – to battle through the tight checking Anaheim has employed in this series.
“I think the ability to finish it off. We had trouble scoring against Anaheim,” said Sutter, as per LA Kings Insider. “They’re doing a good job of keeping us to the outside, keeping top players to the perimeter. Give them credit for it. Not allowing them to get any time or space. Some of our top guys have to fight through it more.”
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 0
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 1
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 12
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 103
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)