May 11, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins might have another key member of their defense out for Game 6 against the New York Rangers.
Defensemen Brooks Orpik and Olli Maatta did not take part in the team’s morning skate. Orpik has played in just one game in the series, but Maatta has been a steady producer on the second pairing with Matt Niskanen.
The Pens have gotten around Orpik’s absence with Robert Bortuzzo, but if Maatta can’t play it’ll be Deryk Engelland who will likely step into his place. Engelland hasn’t played since April 12 against Philadelphia and in 56 games this season he had six goals and 12 points.
Pittsburgh has dealt with injuries all season long, particularly on defense, so they have experience in how to handle these problems. Having to do it in the middle of a playoff series on the road makes the job a bit more difficult.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)