May 11, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins might have another key member of their defense out for Game 6 against the New York Rangers.
Defensemen Brooks Orpik and Olli Maatta did not take part in the team’s morning skate. Orpik has played in just one game in the series, but Maatta has been a steady producer on the second pairing with Matt Niskanen.
The Pens have gotten around Orpik’s absence with Robert Bortuzzo, but if Maatta can’t play it’ll be Deryk Engelland who will likely step into his place. Engelland hasn’t played since April 12 against Philadelphia and in 56 games this season he had six goals and 12 points.
Pittsburgh has dealt with injuries all season long, particularly on defense, so they have experience in how to handle these problems. Having to do it in the middle of a playoff series on the road makes the job a bit more difficult.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)