May 10, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
The Wild got away with one during their 4-2 victory last night as Minnesota had six skaters on the ice for about 15 seconds starting at 12:10 of the third period.
With the Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger taking the puck into the Wild zone, an army of Minnesota players got off the bench to hold Chicago at bay. Eventually the Wild realized their error and fix it without a penalty ever being called.
You can see that sequence below:
These kind of breaks happen from time-to-time and it doesn’t take away from the fact that the Wild had a great game. All the same, it would have been an ideal time for the Blackhawks to get a power play and with it an opportunity to shift the contest’s momentum.
The Wild and Blackhawks are tied at 2-2 in their second round series. Game 5 will be played on Sunday.
H/T to Puck Daddy.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 8
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)