May 10, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
The Wild got away with one during their 4-2 victory last night as Minnesota had six skaters on the ice for about 15 seconds starting at 12:10 of the third period.
With the Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger taking the puck into the Wild zone, an army of Minnesota players got off the bench to hold Chicago at bay. Eventually the Wild realized their error and fix it without a penalty ever being called.
You can see that sequence below:
These kind of breaks happen from time-to-time and it doesn’t take away from the fact that the Wild had a great game. All the same, it would have been an ideal time for the Blackhawks to get a power play and with it an opportunity to shift the contest’s momentum.
The Wild and Blackhawks are tied at 2-2 in their second round series. Game 5 will be played on Sunday.
H/T to Puck Daddy.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)