May 10, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
The Wild got away with one during their 4-2 victory last night as Minnesota had six skaters on the ice for about 15 seconds starting at 12:10 of the third period.
With the Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger taking the puck into the Wild zone, an army of Minnesota players got off the bench to hold Chicago at bay. Eventually the Wild realized their error and fix it without a penalty ever being called.
You can see that sequence below:
These kind of breaks happen from time-to-time and it doesn’t take away from the fact that the Wild had a great game. All the same, it would have been an ideal time for the Blackhawks to get a power play and with it an opportunity to shift the contest’s momentum.
The Wild and Blackhawks are tied at 2-2 in their second round series. Game 5 will be played on Sunday.
H/T to Puck Daddy.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)