May 10, 2014, 11:14 AM EDT
The Wild got away with one during their 4-2 victory last night as Minnesota had six skaters on the ice for about 15 seconds starting at 12:10 of the third period.
With the Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger taking the puck into the Wild zone, an army of Minnesota players got off the bench to hold Chicago at bay. Eventually the Wild realized their error and fix it without a penalty ever being called.
You can see that sequence below:
These kind of breaks happen from time-to-time and it doesn’t take away from the fact that the Wild had a great game. All the same, it would have been an ideal time for the Blackhawks to get a power play and with it an opportunity to shift the contest’s momentum.
The Wild and Blackhawks are tied at 2-2 in their second round series. Game 5 will be played on Sunday.
H/T to Puck Daddy.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6