May 10, 2014, 11:14 AM EST
The Wild got away with one during their 4-2 victory last night as Minnesota had six skaters on the ice for about 15 seconds starting at 12:10 of the third period.
With the Blackhawks forward Marcus Kruger taking the puck into the Wild zone, an army of Minnesota players got off the bench to hold Chicago at bay. Eventually the Wild realized their error and fix it without a penalty ever being called.
You can see that sequence below:
These kind of breaks happen from time-to-time and it doesn’t take away from the fact that the Wild had a great game. All the same, it would have been an ideal time for the Blackhawks to get a power play and with it an opportunity to shift the contest’s momentum.
The Wild and Blackhawks are tied at 2-2 in their second round series. Game 5 will be played on Sunday.
H/T to Puck Daddy.
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 0
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)