May 10, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec got himself into penalty trouble early in Saturday’s Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. One of his transgressions included knocking over Boston’s goalie Tuukka Rask late in the first period.
Going to the net, Plekanec pushed Rask right over, causing the Bruins’ puck stopper to respond by swatting his blocker at the Canadiens forward. A large pile-up also ensued, with Rask channeling his inner Tim Thomas.
Including early in the second period, Plekanec had taken three minor penalties. The Bruins scored on two of those power plays – both goals coming early in that second period to gain a three-goal lead.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42