May 10, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec got himself into penalty trouble early in Saturday’s Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. One of his transgressions included knocking over Boston’s goalie Tuukka Rask late in the first period.
Going to the net, Plekanec pushed Rask right over, causing the Bruins’ puck stopper to respond by swatting his blocker at the Canadiens forward. A large pile-up also ensued, with Rask channeling his inner Tim Thomas.
Including early in the second period, Plekanec had taken three minor penalties. The Bruins scored on two of those power plays – both goals coming early in that second period to gain a three-goal lead.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)