May 10, 2014, 8:16 PM EST
Tomas Plekanec got himself into penalty trouble early in Saturday’s Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. One of his transgressions included knocking over Boston’s goalie Tuukka Rask late in the first period.
Going to the net, Plekanec pushed Rask right over, causing the Bruins’ puck stopper to respond by swatting his blocker at the Canadiens forward. A large pile-up also ensued, with Rask channeling his inner Tim Thomas.
Including early in the second period, Plekanec had taken three minor penalties. The Bruins scored on two of those power plays – both goals coming early in that second period to gain a three-goal lead.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)