May 10, 2014, 8:16 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec got himself into penalty trouble early in Saturday’s Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins. One of his transgressions included knocking over Boston’s goalie Tuukka Rask late in the first period.
Going to the net, Plekanec pushed Rask right over, causing the Bruins’ puck stopper to respond by swatting his blocker at the Canadiens forward. A large pile-up also ensued, with Rask channeling his inner Tim Thomas.
Including early in the second period, Plekanec had taken three minor penalties. The Bruins scored on two of those power plays – both goals coming early in that second period to gain a three-goal lead.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)