May 10, 2014, 8:48 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens, particularly Tomas Plekanec, were involved in a constant parade to the penalty box and the rival Boston Bruins made them pay.
The Bruins opened up a three-goal lead thanks to a pair of goals scored 32 seconds apart in the second period. Both – the first from Reilly Smith and the second from Jarome Iginla – came on the power play. Also of note: both of those goals came with Plekanec in the penalty box. One of his penalties came for running Boston goalie Tuukka Rask over in the crease.
The Canadiens did get one back late in the second period. Brendan Gallagher had the puck deflect off him and past Rask, as Montreal cut the lead to 3-1 heading into the third period.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (57)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)