May 10, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens, particularly Tomas Plekanec, were involved in a constant parade to the penalty box and the rival Boston Bruins made them pay.
The Bruins opened up a three-goal lead thanks to a pair of goals scored 32 seconds apart in the second period. Both – the first from Reilly Smith and the second from Jarome Iginla – came on the power play. Also of note: both of those goals came with Plekanec in the penalty box. One of his penalties came for running Boston goalie Tuukka Rask over in the crease.
The Canadiens did get one back late in the second period. Brendan Gallagher had the puck deflect off him and past Rask, as Montreal cut the lead to 3-1 heading into the third period.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)