May 10, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
It appears Daniel Briere will watch Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins, at least according to one report.
As per Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports, Briere, the 36-year-old Habs’ forward, will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. Brandon Prust could enter back into the Montreal lineup.
Briere has one goal and four points in eight playoff games so far this year, however he hasn’t scored in the last four games and hasn’t had a shot on goal in the last three games.
Updated: It’s been confirmed that Briere is, indeed, a healthy scratch tonight.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)