May 10, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
It appears Daniel Briere will watch Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins, at least according to one report.
As per Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports, Briere, the 36-year-old Habs’ forward, will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. Brandon Prust could enter back into the Montreal lineup.
Briere has one goal and four points in eight playoff games so far this year, however he hasn’t scored in the last four games and hasn’t had a shot on goal in the last three games.
Updated: It’s been confirmed that Briere is, indeed, a healthy scratch tonight.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)