May 10, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
It appears Daniel Briere will watch Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins, at least according to one report.
As per Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports, Briere, the 36-year-old Habs’ forward, will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. Brandon Prust could enter back into the Montreal lineup.
Briere has one goal and four points in eight playoff games so far this year, however he hasn’t scored in the last four games and hasn’t had a shot on goal in the last three games.
Updated: It’s been confirmed that Briere is, indeed, a healthy scratch tonight.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 21
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)