May 10, 2014, 6:17 PM EST
It appears Daniel Briere will watch Game 5 between the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins, at least according to one report.
As per Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports, Briere, the 36-year-old Habs’ forward, will be a healthy scratch for tonight’s game. Brandon Prust could enter back into the Montreal lineup.
Briere has one goal and four points in eight playoff games so far this year, however he hasn’t scored in the last four games and hasn’t had a shot on goal in the last three games.
Updated: It’s been confirmed that Briere is, indeed, a healthy scratch tonight.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)