May 10, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks might have to get by without Brandon Bollig during Game 5 on Sunday.
Bollig received a two-minute penalty for his actions while Ballard left the game. You can see that incident below:
This has been a difficult season for Ballard, who has already dealt with concussion problems in 2013-14 and had just returned from a groin injury on May 9. His current injury is being termed as “upper body” and he won’t travel to Chicago for Game 5, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Update: It’s a phone hearing, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 12
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 105
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (105)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)