May 10, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks might have to get by without Brandon Bollig during Game 5 on Sunday.
Bollig received a two-minute penalty for his actions while Ballard left the game. You can see that incident below:
This has been a difficult season for Ballard, who has already dealt with concussion problems in 2013-14 and had just returned from a groin injury on May 9. His current injury is being termed as “upper body” and he won’t travel to Chicago for Game 5, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Update: It’s a phone hearing, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39