May 10, 2014, 2:19 PM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks might have to get by without Brandon Bollig during Game 5 on Sunday.
Bollig received a two-minute penalty for his actions while Ballard left the game. You can see that incident below:
This has been a difficult season for Ballard, who has already dealt with concussion problems in 2013-14 and had just returned from a groin injury on May 9. His current injury is being termed as “upper body” and he won’t travel to Chicago for Game 5, per the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc.
Update: It’s a phone hearing, according to Sportsnet’s John Shannon.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 6
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 16
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)