May 10, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Martin St. Louis, during a difficult time with the sudden passing of his mother on Thursday, will have his father and sister in attendance when he and the New York Rangers take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 on Sunday.
It’s an elimination game for the Rangers, as they need another win to extend the series to seven games, and it comes on Mother’s Day. We saw the support he received from his teammates, and even Pittsburgh’s captain Sidney Crosby before the game, in Friday’s Game 5 win for New York.
“Obviously, it’s going to be a very emotional night again for our group, it being mother’s day and the situation Marty is going through right now,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said Saturday, as per NorthJersey.com.
“Marty flew home last night to Montreal after the game to pick up his father and his sister. He’s bringing them both to the game tomorrow and, hopefully, that will bring us some positive energy.”
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 37
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)