May 10, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis, during a difficult time with the sudden passing of his mother on Thursday, will have his father and sister in attendance when he and the New York Rangers take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 on Sunday.
It’s an elimination game for the Rangers, as they need another win to extend the series to seven games, and it comes on Mother’s Day. We saw the support he received from his teammates, and even Pittsburgh’s captain Sidney Crosby before the game, in Friday’s Game 5 win for New York.
“Obviously, it’s going to be a very emotional night again for our group, it being mother’s day and the situation Marty is going through right now,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said Saturday, as per NorthJersey.com.
“Marty flew home last night to Montreal after the game to pick up his father and his sister. He’s bringing them both to the game tomorrow and, hopefully, that will bring us some positive energy.”
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)