May 10, 2014, 6:07 PM EST
Martin St. Louis, during a difficult time with the sudden passing of his mother on Thursday, will have his father and sister in attendance when he and the New York Rangers take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 on Sunday.
It’s an elimination game for the Rangers, as they need another win to extend the series to seven games, and it comes on Mother’s Day. We saw the support he received from his teammates, and even Pittsburgh’s captain Sidney Crosby before the game, in Friday’s Game 5 win for New York.
“Obviously, it’s going to be a very emotional night again for our group, it being mother’s day and the situation Marty is going through right now,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said Saturday, as per NorthJersey.com.
“Marty flew home last night to Montreal after the game to pick up his father and his sister. He’s bringing them both to the game tomorrow and, hopefully, that will bring us some positive energy.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)