May 10, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis, during a difficult time with the sudden passing of his mother on Thursday, will have his father and sister in attendance when he and the New York Rangers take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 on Sunday.
It’s an elimination game for the Rangers, as they need another win to extend the series to seven games, and it comes on Mother’s Day. We saw the support he received from his teammates, and even Pittsburgh’s captain Sidney Crosby before the game, in Friday’s Game 5 win for New York.
“Obviously, it’s going to be a very emotional night again for our group, it being mother’s day and the situation Marty is going through right now,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said Saturday, as per NorthJersey.com.
“Marty flew home last night to Montreal after the game to pick up his father and his sister. He’s bringing them both to the game tomorrow and, hopefully, that will bring us some positive energy.”
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)