May 10, 2014, 6:07 PM EDT
Martin St. Louis, during a difficult time with the sudden passing of his mother on Thursday, will have his father and sister in attendance when he and the New York Rangers take on the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 6 on Sunday.
It’s an elimination game for the Rangers, as they need another win to extend the series to seven games, and it comes on Mother’s Day. We saw the support he received from his teammates, and even Pittsburgh’s captain Sidney Crosby before the game, in Friday’s Game 5 win for New York.
“Obviously, it’s going to be a very emotional night again for our group, it being mother’s day and the situation Marty is going through right now,” Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said Saturday, as per NorthJersey.com.
“Marty flew home last night to Montreal after the game to pick up his father and his sister. He’s bringing them both to the game tomorrow and, hopefully, that will bring us some positive energy.”
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)