May 10, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
L.A. Kings head coach Darryl Sutter has made a goaltending change to begin the second period.
Out of the game is Jonathan Quick, who allowed two goals on 11 shots to the Anaheim Ducks in the first period of Game 4 on Saturday. Martin Jones has come into the game in place of Quick. The Ducks, needing a win to even the series at 2-2, jumped out to a 2-0 lead on goals from Devante Smith-Pelly and Ryan Getzlaf less than three minutes apart late in the opening period.
Interesting, because at the other end of the ice, tending the net for the Ducks is 20-year-old John Gibson, who is making his Stanley Cup playoff debut.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)