May 10, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
L.A. Kings head coach Darryl Sutter has made a goaltending change to begin the second period.
Out of the game is Jonathan Quick, who allowed two goals on 11 shots to the Anaheim Ducks in the first period of Game 4 on Saturday. Martin Jones has come into the game in place of Quick. The Ducks, needing a win to even the series at 2-2, jumped out to a 2-0 lead on goals from Devante Smith-Pelly and Ryan Getzlaf less than three minutes apart late in the opening period.
Interesting, because at the other end of the ice, tending the net for the Ducks is 20-year-old John Gibson, who is making his Stanley Cup playoff debut.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)