May 10, 2014, 10:51 PM EDT
L.A. Kings head coach Darryl Sutter has made a goaltending change to begin the second period.
Out of the game is Jonathan Quick, who allowed two goals on 11 shots to the Anaheim Ducks in the first period of Game 4 on Saturday. Martin Jones has come into the game in place of Quick. The Ducks, needing a win to even the series at 2-2, jumped out to a 2-0 lead on goals from Devante Smith-Pelly and Ryan Getzlaf less than three minutes apart late in the opening period.
Interesting, because at the other end of the ice, tending the net for the Ducks is 20-year-old John Gibson, who is making his Stanley Cup playoff debut.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)