May 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins hope to go 5-0 in playoff series in their franchise history against the New York Rangers by closing them out in Pittsburgh in Game 5 on Friday.
From the tone of many observers, it seems like the Rangers’ season is already over. Star players have been criticized (especially but not only Rick Nash), while Martin St. Louis is playing tonight despite his mother’s passing on Thursday.
It all shapes up to be a game that might be a little bit difficult to figure; the Rangers could very well prolong this series and make things interesting, go down fighting or go out with a whimper. We’ll find out soon enough as Game 5 kicks off on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the link below.
MORE: Game Notes
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)