May 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins hope to go 5-0 in playoff series in their franchise history against the New York Rangers by closing them out in Pittsburgh in Game 5 on Friday.
From the tone of many observers, it seems like the Rangers’ season is already over. Star players have been criticized (especially but not only Rick Nash), while Martin St. Louis is playing tonight despite his mother’s passing on Thursday.
It all shapes up to be a game that might be a little bit difficult to figure; the Rangers could very well prolong this series and make things interesting, go down fighting or go out with a whimper. We’ll find out soon enough as Game 5 kicks off on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the link below.
MORE: Game Notes
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)