May 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins hope to go 5-0 in playoff series in their franchise history against the New York Rangers by closing them out in Pittsburgh in Game 5 on Friday.
From the tone of many observers, it seems like the Rangers’ season is already over. Star players have been criticized (especially but not only Rick Nash), while Martin St. Louis is playing tonight despite his mother’s passing on Thursday.
It all shapes up to be a game that might be a little bit difficult to figure; the Rangers could very well prolong this series and make things interesting, go down fighting or go out with a whimper. We’ll find out soon enough as Game 5 kicks off on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the link below.
MORE: Game Notes
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 24
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)