May 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins hope to go 5-0 in playoff series in their franchise history against the New York Rangers by closing them out in Pittsburgh in Game 5 on Friday.
From the tone of many observers, it seems like the Rangers’ season is already over. Star players have been criticized (especially but not only Rick Nash), while Martin St. Louis is playing tonight despite his mother’s passing on Thursday.
It all shapes up to be a game that might be a little bit difficult to figure; the Rangers could very well prolong this series and make things interesting, go down fighting or go out with a whimper. We’ll find out soon enough as Game 5 kicks off on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the link below.
MORE: Game Notes
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)