May 9, 2014, 6:27 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins hope to go 5-0 in playoff series in their franchise history against the New York Rangers by closing them out in Pittsburgh in Game 5 on Friday.
From the tone of many observers, it seems like the Rangers’ season is already over. Star players have been criticized (especially but not only Rick Nash), while Martin St. Louis is playing tonight despite his mother’s passing on Thursday.
It all shapes up to be a game that might be a little bit difficult to figure; the Rangers could very well prolong this series and make things interesting, go down fighting or go out with a whimper. We’ll find out soon enough as Game 5 kicks off on NBCSN and can also be viewed via the link below.
MORE: Game Notes
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 19
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (64)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)