May 9, 2014, 10:20 PM EST
Few would doubt Sidney Crosby‘s status as one of the NHL’s brightest stars, but that doesn’t mean that he’s universally beloved.
The Pittsburgh Penguins center can be polarizing because he plays with a feisty edge. Many are impressed by that passion for the game, yet just as many people find his competitiveness (and other words that aren’t as kind) off-putting.
We’ve seen the elite scorer lose his cool in the playoffs before – just study his battles with Claude Giroux – and No. 87 looked awfully irritated at times during Pittsburgh’s 5-1 Game 5 loss to the New York Rangers on Friday:
Is it best to try to get him “off his game” or are the Rangers possibly playing with fire by making him angry? Either way, it seems like this series is starting to heat up. It will be interesting to see how Crosby responds in Game 6 at Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 23
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)