May 9, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Few would doubt Sidney Crosby‘s status as one of the NHL’s brightest stars, but that doesn’t mean that he’s universally beloved.
The Pittsburgh Penguins center can be polarizing because he plays with a feisty edge. Many are impressed by that passion for the game, yet just as many people find his competitiveness (and other words that aren’t as kind) off-putting.
We’ve seen the elite scorer lose his cool in the playoffs before – just study his battles with Claude Giroux – and No. 87 looked awfully irritated at times during Pittsburgh’s 5-1 Game 5 loss to the New York Rangers on Friday:
Is it best to try to get him “off his game” or are the Rangers possibly playing with fire by making him angry? Either way, it seems like this series is starting to heat up. It will be interesting to see how Crosby responds in Game 6 at Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Selanne offers harsh critic of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 5
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)