May 9, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Few would doubt Sidney Crosby‘s status as one of the NHL’s brightest stars, but that doesn’t mean that he’s universally beloved.
The Pittsburgh Penguins center can be polarizing because he plays with a feisty edge. Many are impressed by that passion for the game, yet just as many people find his competitiveness (and other words that aren’t as kind) off-putting.
We’ve seen the elite scorer lose his cool in the playoffs before – just study his battles with Claude Giroux – and No. 87 looked awfully irritated at times during Pittsburgh’s 5-1 Game 5 loss to the New York Rangers on Friday:
Is it best to try to get him “off his game” or are the Rangers possibly playing with fire by making him angry? Either way, it seems like this series is starting to heat up. It will be interesting to see how Crosby responds in Game 6 at Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)