May 9, 2014, 10:20 PM EDT
Few would doubt Sidney Crosby‘s status as one of the NHL’s brightest stars, but that doesn’t mean that he’s universally beloved.
The Pittsburgh Penguins center can be polarizing because he plays with a feisty edge. Many are impressed by that passion for the game, yet just as many people find his competitiveness (and other words that aren’t as kind) off-putting.
We’ve seen the elite scorer lose his cool in the playoffs before – just study his battles with Claude Giroux – and No. 87 looked awfully irritated at times during Pittsburgh’s 5-1 Game 5 loss to the New York Rangers on Friday:
Is it best to try to get him “off his game” or are the Rangers possibly playing with fire by making him angry? Either way, it seems like this series is starting to heat up. It will be interesting to see how Crosby responds in Game 6 at Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)