May 9, 2014, 11:53 PM EDT
The incident happened with less than three minutes left in the period. Bollig was assessed a minor penalty for boarding. Ballard was clearly shaken up on the play, and was not on the Minnesota bench to begin the third period.
Kruger returned to the Blackhawks’ bench for the third period.
Kruger back on the ice prior to the third period.—
ESPN Chicago (@ESPNChiHawks) May 10, 2014
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8