May 9, 2014, 11:48 AM EDT
Any NHL general manager who can help the Toronto Maple Leafs upgrade their blue line, give them a call. Because according to TSN’s Darren Dreger, they’re willing to deal:
Some trade discussion with teams on a number of Leafs players. Kadri, Gardiner, Bolland and Kulemin included. Leafs brass is eager to talk.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) May 09, 2014
Of the four players Dreger named, Kadri and Gardiner would bring the Leafs the biggest return. Both are talented and just 23 years old, with good offensive capabilities. Bolland and Kulemin are pending unrestricted free agents; all that can be traded is their negotiating rights.
The Leafs, of course, announced yesterday that head coach Randy Carlyle will be back next season. And while assistant coaches Dave Farrish, Scott Gordon and Greg Cronin paid the price and won’t be back, it’s expected there will be relatively significant roster changes after the team’s disastrous finish to the 2013-14 season.
“The consistency of our compete in our defensive zone coverage was the area of concern right from the opening month of the season,” Carlyle said yesterday in a conference call.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)