May 9, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
David Krejci doesn’t get a ton of attention compared to some of his Bruins teammates, but the fact remains, when Boston won the Stanley Cup in 2011, he led all playoff scorers with 23 points, and when the B’s went to the final last year, he again led all playoff scorers, this time with 26 points.
So yeah, the 28-year-old Czech center is a key cog on a very good team.
“It’s about staying positive, and if you’re not producing on the score sheet then you need to do other things,” Krejci said after last night’s 1-0 overtime win in Montreal, per CSN New England. “I thought we had a strong game defensively, but we need to play better offensively, obviously.”
He added: “Everybody has slumps and there’s no surprise that I’m in it right now. I’m just trying to help the team in different ways. I believe I’m a good enough player that it eventually is going to come.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien agreed with that notion, saying today that it’s “just a matter of time” before the KIL line starts producing.
“We just keep working,” Iginla said. “In the first couple of games we had great chances and all of the set opportunities, and they just didn’t go in. It was probably a little quieter for us in [Game 4], and that we were pressing a little bit in the first two periods. I thought we were a little better in the third when we started to get that zone time again.”
Game 5 goes Saturday in Boston.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11