May 9, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
David Krejci doesn’t get a ton of attention compared to some of his Bruins teammates, but the fact remains, when Boston won the Stanley Cup in 2011, he led all playoff scorers with 23 points, and when the B’s went to the final last year, he again led all playoff scorers, this time with 26 points.
So yeah, the 28-year-old Czech center is a key cog on a very good team.
“It’s about staying positive, and if you’re not producing on the score sheet then you need to do other things,” Krejci said after last night’s 1-0 overtime win in Montreal, per CSN New England. “I thought we had a strong game defensively, but we need to play better offensively, obviously.”
He added: “Everybody has slumps and there’s no surprise that I’m in it right now. I’m just trying to help the team in different ways. I believe I’m a good enough player that it eventually is going to come.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien agreed with that notion, saying today that it’s “just a matter of time” before the KIL line starts producing.
“We just keep working,” Iginla said. “In the first couple of games we had great chances and all of the set opportunities, and they just didn’t go in. It was probably a little quieter for us in [Game 4], and that we were pressing a little bit in the first two periods. I thought we were a little better in the third when we started to get that zone time again.”
Game 5 goes Saturday in Boston.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)