May 9, 2014, 2:29 PM EDT
David Krejci doesn’t get a ton of attention compared to some of his Bruins teammates, but the fact remains, when Boston won the Stanley Cup in 2011, he led all playoff scorers with 23 points, and when the B’s went to the final last year, he again led all playoff scorers, this time with 26 points.
So yeah, the 28-year-old Czech center is a key cog on a very good team.
“It’s about staying positive, and if you’re not producing on the score sheet then you need to do other things,” Krejci said after last night’s 1-0 overtime win in Montreal, per CSN New England. “I thought we had a strong game defensively, but we need to play better offensively, obviously.”
He added: “Everybody has slumps and there’s no surprise that I’m in it right now. I’m just trying to help the team in different ways. I believe I’m a good enough player that it eventually is going to come.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien agreed with that notion, saying today that it’s “just a matter of time” before the KIL line starts producing.
“We just keep working,” Iginla said. “In the first couple of games we had great chances and all of the set opportunities, and they just didn’t go in. It was probably a little quieter for us in [Game 4], and that we were pressing a little bit in the first two periods. I thought we were a little better in the third when we started to get that zone time again.”
Game 5 goes Saturday in Boston.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)