May 9, 2014, 2:29 PM EST
David Krejci doesn’t get a ton of attention compared to some of his Bruins teammates, but the fact remains, when Boston won the Stanley Cup in 2011, he led all playoff scorers with 23 points, and when the B’s went to the final last year, he again led all playoff scorers, this time with 26 points.
So yeah, the 28-year-old Czech center is a key cog on a very good team.
“It’s about staying positive, and if you’re not producing on the score sheet then you need to do other things,” Krejci said after last night’s 1-0 overtime win in Montreal, per CSN New England. “I thought we had a strong game defensively, but we need to play better offensively, obviously.”
He added: “Everybody has slumps and there’s no surprise that I’m in it right now. I’m just trying to help the team in different ways. I believe I’m a good enough player that it eventually is going to come.”
Bruins coach Claude Julien agreed with that notion, saying today that it’s “just a matter of time” before the KIL line starts producing.
“We just keep working,” Iginla said. “In the first couple of games we had great chances and all of the set opportunities, and they just didn’t go in. It was probably a little quieter for us in [Game 4], and that we were pressing a little bit in the first two periods. I thought we were a little better in the third when we started to get that zone time again.”
Game 5 goes Saturday in Boston.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 9
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)