May 8, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
Minnesota will probably be without Matt Moulson for the first time this postseason on Friday night, as he’s unlikely to dress for Game 4 versus Chicago with a lower-body injury.
Head coach Mike Yeo addressed the situation on Thursday, saying Moulson had been dealing with the injury for a while. The 30-year-old winger has been something of a disappointment this postseason, scoring just three points in 10 games, but did register an assist on Erik Haula‘s game-winner in Game 3 and notched two points in the final three games of the Colorado series.
With Moulson out, Matt Cooke‘s return to the lineup is all but inevitable. Cooke is eligible to return from his seven-game suspension for kneeing Tyson Barrie, and Wild GM Chuck Fletcher indicated Cooke will be back in on Friday.
“That’s up to the coaches, but I’m sure he’ll be put right back in the lineup,” Fletcher said, per the Star-Tribune. “He’s one of our top checkers and one of our top penalty killers.
“Certainly against a team like Chicago, his speed, his experience and his ability to help shut down top players, I think, would be most welcome by the coaching staff.”
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (94)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)