May 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
When the Los Angeles Kings were struggling mightily against the San Jose Sharks, there was some question about whether Darryl Sutter might turn to Martin Jones. Jonathan Quick worked things out and strengthened his reputation once more, so it worked out for the Kings.
Bruce Boudreau has had an itchier trigger finger with the Anaheim Ducks, but his goalie rotation worked out enough in the first round. It’s probably unfair to pin it all on goaltending, yet those who do so will look at this as a crucial game for Boudreau (not just the Ducks).
Game 3 of this California battle can be found on NBCSN* and streamed via the link below.
The Kings have a 2-0 series lead and the next two games are in Los Angeles, so the Ducks face some tough odds.
* – If Boston – Montreal spills over, you can catch the beginning on NHL Network.
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 6
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3