May 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
When the Los Angeles Kings were struggling mightily against the San Jose Sharks, there was some question about whether Darryl Sutter might turn to Martin Jones. Jonathan Quick worked things out and strengthened his reputation once more, so it worked out for the Kings.
Bruce Boudreau has had an itchier trigger finger with the Anaheim Ducks, but his goalie rotation worked out enough in the first round. It’s probably unfair to pin it all on goaltending, yet those who do so will look at this as a crucial game for Boudreau (not just the Ducks).
Game 3 of this California battle can be found on NBCSN* and streamed via the link below.
The Kings have a 2-0 series lead and the next two games are in Los Angeles, so the Ducks face some tough odds.
* – If Boston – Montreal spills over, you can catch the beginning on NHL Network.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 5
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20