May 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EST
When the Los Angeles Kings were struggling mightily against the San Jose Sharks, there was some question about whether Darryl Sutter might turn to Martin Jones. Jonathan Quick worked things out and strengthened his reputation once more, so it worked out for the Kings.
Bruce Boudreau has had an itchier trigger finger with the Anaheim Ducks, but his goalie rotation worked out enough in the first round. It’s probably unfair to pin it all on goaltending, yet those who do so will look at this as a crucial game for Boudreau (not just the Ducks).
Game 3 of this California battle can be found on NBCSN* and streamed via the link below.
The Kings have a 2-0 series lead and the next two games are in Los Angeles, so the Ducks face some tough odds.
* – If Boston – Montreal spills over, you can catch the beginning on NHL Network.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)