May 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
When the Los Angeles Kings were struggling mightily against the San Jose Sharks, there was some question about whether Darryl Sutter might turn to Martin Jones. Jonathan Quick worked things out and strengthened his reputation once more, so it worked out for the Kings.
Bruce Boudreau has had an itchier trigger finger with the Anaheim Ducks, but his goalie rotation worked out enough in the first round. It’s probably unfair to pin it all on goaltending, yet those who do so will look at this as a crucial game for Boudreau (not just the Ducks).
Game 3 of this California battle can be found on NBCSN* and streamed via the link below.
The Kings have a 2-0 series lead and the next two games are in Los Angeles, so the Ducks face some tough odds.
* – If Boston – Montreal spills over, you can catch the beginning on NHL Network.
- BREAKING: Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 5
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 19
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 9
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 43
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 26
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 49
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)