May 8, 2014, 9:55 PM EDT
When the Los Angeles Kings were struggling mightily against the San Jose Sharks, there was some question about whether Darryl Sutter might turn to Martin Jones. Jonathan Quick worked things out and strengthened his reputation once more, so it worked out for the Kings.
Bruce Boudreau has had an itchier trigger finger with the Anaheim Ducks, but his goalie rotation worked out enough in the first round. It’s probably unfair to pin it all on goaltending, yet those who do so will look at this as a crucial game for Boudreau (not just the Ducks).
Game 3 of this California battle can be found on NBCSN* and streamed via the link below.
The Kings have a 2-0 series lead and the next two games are in Los Angeles, so the Ducks face some tough odds.
* – If Boston – Montreal spills over, you can catch the beginning on NHL Network.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 22
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 50
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)