May 8, 2014, 10:39 PM EDT
It didn’t take the Ducks long to solve Jonathan Quick in Game 3.
Anaheim sniper Corey Perry scored his first of the series — and just his third of the postseason — 4:06 into the first period, on the power play, to give his team a 1-0 lead in a virtual must-win at Staples.
Perry’s lack of production in Anaheim’s opening losses at the Honda Center was well documented — despite finishing second in the NHL in goals this year (43) and averaging a point per game, Perry had yet to hit the scoresheet against the Kings before tonight’s PPG.
Speaking of the power play, it continues to be a bright spot for Anaheim as of late. Dating back to Game 5 of the Dallas series, the Ducks have now scored seven times on their last 19 man advantage opportunities, good for a 37 percent success rate.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 4
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)