May 8, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Anyway, we told you the Maple Leafs’ decision to keep coach Randy Carlyle would be a controversial one. Not sure how Toronto hockey fans feel that, apparently, Carlyle still can’t wrap his head around his team’s collapse, but hey, there’s still a few months before training camp, right? Plenty of time to go over the video.
If you’re wondering, the Winnipeg game that boggled Carlyle’s mind was on Apr. 5, when the Leafs were absolutely dominated on home ice, losing 4-2 to the Jets in a game Toronto desperately needed to win against a team that had already been eliminated from postseason contention.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5