May 8, 2014, 4:37 PM EDT
Anyway, we told you the Maple Leafs’ decision to keep coach Randy Carlyle would be a controversial one. Not sure how Toronto hockey fans feel that, apparently, Carlyle still can’t wrap his head around his team’s collapse, but hey, there’s still a few months before training camp, right? Plenty of time to go over the video.
If you’re wondering, the Winnipeg game that boggled Carlyle’s mind was on Apr. 5, when the Leafs were absolutely dominated on home ice, losing 4-2 to the Jets in a game Toronto desperately needed to win against a team that had already been eliminated from postseason contention.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25