May 8, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
France St. Louis, 63, suffered the heart attack while in hospital, where she passed. The news was confirmed by the Lightning late Thursday night.
St. Louis and the Rangers are scheduled to play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Penguins in Pittsburgh tomorrow evening. The Blueshirts also confirmed news of the passing on Thursday night, but provided no update or information about St. Louis’ status.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5