May 8, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
France St. Louis, 63, suffered the heart attack while in hospital, where she passed. The news was confirmed by the Lightning late Thursday night.
St. Louis and the Rangers are scheduled to play Game 5 of their second-round series against the Penguins in Pittsburgh tomorrow evening. The Blueshirts also confirmed news of the passing on Thursday night, but provided no update or information about St. Louis’ status.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52