May 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The PK Subban accolades keep rolling in.
Via Sun Media’s Chris Stevenson, the latest dose of praise for the Canadiens’ star defenseman comes from Montreal coach Michel Therrien:
Subban’s commitment to keeping his emotions in check has been noticeable as the Habs have built a 2-1 series lead over favored Boston. The excitable 24-year-old has been skating away from potential post-whistle scrums in front of goalie Carey Price, instead letting his stellar play do the talking.
“He’s controlling his emotions very well, and he’s being very composed,” said Price, a cool customer in his own right, per Yahoo Sports.
Granted, it’s only been three games versus the hated Bruins; Subban’s self-control will be tested further, as will the Canadiens’ collective composure. Boston’s myriad comebacks the past few seasons have been well-documented.
“The good part is that when you are behind, there’s no quit in this team,” said B’s coach Claude Julien, per the Toronto Star. “To me, that is a sign of character.”
At the same time, Therrien likes the way his team has been keeping its focus, given all the conceivable distractions.
“We’ve got a business attitude, we approach games with a business mindset,” said Therrien, per the Montreal Gazette. “This is what I like about our group.”
Game 4 goes tonight at the Bell Centre.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 10
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 8
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 33
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)