May 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The PK Subban accolades keep rolling in.
Via Sun Media’s Chris Stevenson, the latest dose of praise for the Canadiens’ star defenseman comes from Montreal coach Michel Therrien:
Subban’s commitment to keeping his emotions in check has been noticeable as the Habs have built a 2-1 series lead over favored Boston. The excitable 24-year-old has been skating away from potential post-whistle scrums in front of goalie Carey Price, instead letting his stellar play do the talking.
“He’s controlling his emotions very well, and he’s being very composed,” said Price, a cool customer in his own right, per Yahoo Sports.
Granted, it’s only been three games versus the hated Bruins; Subban’s self-control will be tested further, as will the Canadiens’ collective composure. Boston’s myriad comebacks the past few seasons have been well-documented.
“The good part is that when you are behind, there’s no quit in this team,” said B’s coach Claude Julien, per the Toronto Star. “To me, that is a sign of character.”
At the same time, Therrien likes the way his team has been keeping its focus, given all the conceivable distractions.
“We’ve got a business attitude, we approach games with a business mindset,” said Therrien, per the Montreal Gazette. “This is what I like about our group.”
Game 4 goes tonight at the Bell Centre.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 3
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)