May 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The PK Subban accolades keep rolling in.
Via Sun Media’s Chris Stevenson, the latest dose of praise for the Canadiens’ star defenseman comes from Montreal coach Michel Therrien:
Subban’s commitment to keeping his emotions in check has been noticeable as the Habs have built a 2-1 series lead over favored Boston. The excitable 24-year-old has been skating away from potential post-whistle scrums in front of goalie Carey Price, instead letting his stellar play do the talking.
“He’s controlling his emotions very well, and he’s being very composed,” said Price, a cool customer in his own right, per Yahoo Sports.
Granted, it’s only been three games versus the hated Bruins; Subban’s self-control will be tested further, as will the Canadiens’ collective composure. Boston’s myriad comebacks the past few seasons have been well-documented.
“The good part is that when you are behind, there’s no quit in this team,” said B’s coach Claude Julien, per the Toronto Star. “To me, that is a sign of character.”
At the same time, Therrien likes the way his team has been keeping its focus, given all the conceivable distractions.
“We’ve got a business attitude, we approach games with a business mindset,” said Therrien, per the Montreal Gazette. “This is what I like about our group.”
Game 4 goes tonight at the Bell Centre.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)