May 8, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
The PK Subban accolades keep rolling in.
Via Sun Media’s Chris Stevenson, the latest dose of praise for the Canadiens’ star defenseman comes from Montreal coach Michel Therrien:
Subban’s commitment to keeping his emotions in check has been noticeable as the Habs have built a 2-1 series lead over favored Boston. The excitable 24-year-old has been skating away from potential post-whistle scrums in front of goalie Carey Price, instead letting his stellar play do the talking.
“He’s controlling his emotions very well, and he’s being very composed,” said Price, a cool customer in his own right, per Yahoo Sports.
Granted, it’s only been three games versus the hated Bruins; Subban’s self-control will be tested further, as will the Canadiens’ collective composure. Boston’s myriad comebacks the past few seasons have been well-documented.
“The good part is that when you are behind, there’s no quit in this team,” said B’s coach Claude Julien, per the Toronto Star. “To me, that is a sign of character.”
At the same time, Therrien likes the way his team has been keeping its focus, given all the conceivable distractions.
“We’ve got a business attitude, we approach games with a business mindset,” said Therrien, per the Montreal Gazette. “This is what I like about our group.”
Game 4 goes tonight at the Bell Centre.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)