May 8, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are going with a different goalie in net … again.
After seeing Jonas Hiller put together sometimes “adequate” work in two losses to the Los Angeles Kings, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau decided to go back to Frederik Andersen for Game 3 on Thursday. The Ducks are hoping to dig out of a 2-0 series deficit with the guy who began the playoffs as the starter (only to see Hiller take over when he struggled).
On one hand, one might consider Hiller’s struggles in Los Angeles:
Meanwhile, Andersen is 2-0 at the Staples Center …
From the other side, some may argue that Boudreau hasn’t displayed the deftest touch when it comes to handling his goalies.
It’s plausible that the Ducks would encounter the same wins and losses whether it was Hiller or Andersen in net, but by shuffling up goalies, Boudreau is opening himself to second-guessing. It’ll be worth it if it works out, though.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)