May 8, 2014, 9:46 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks are going with a different goalie in net … again.
After seeing Jonas Hiller put together sometimes “adequate” work in two losses to the Los Angeles Kings, Ducks head coach Bruce Boudreau decided to go back to Frederik Andersen for Game 3 on Thursday. The Ducks are hoping to dig out of a 2-0 series deficit with the guy who began the playoffs as the starter (only to see Hiller take over when he struggled).
On one hand, one might consider Hiller’s struggles in Los Angeles:
Meanwhile, Andersen is 2-0 at the Staples Center …
From the other side, some may argue that Boudreau hasn’t displayed the deftest touch when it comes to handling his goalies.
It’s plausible that the Ducks would encounter the same wins and losses whether it was Hiller or Andersen in net, but by shuffling up goalies, Boudreau is opening himself to second-guessing. It’ll be worth it if it works out, though.
- Report: John Hynes to be named head coach of the Devils 13
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 63
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 27
- Overtime format highlights competition committee meeting agenda 16
- Report: Changes coming to compensation for executives 23
- Here’s your 2015 Stanley Cup Final schedule 33
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years 95
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Western Conference Final Game 7 5
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 9
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)
- Despite getting further than ever before, big game letdowns continue to haunt Boudreau (64)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (64)