May 8, 2014, 1:26 PM EST
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
So if Randy Carlyle ends up getting fired, you know who to yell at on Twitter.
We wrote earlier in the week about Caryle’s uncertain status behind the Maple Leafs’ bench, noting that coaching decisions had been made in a number of other markets, but not Toronto.
If Dreger’s instincts are correct, we presume there will be a formal announcement regarding Carlyle, probably in tandem with a list of changes that Leafs management, now led by Brendan Shanahan, will be making in the wake of the team’s disastrous late-season collapse. Because changes will be definitely be coming, in one form or another. Shanahan wasn’t brought in to keep the status quo.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)