May 8, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
So if Randy Carlyle ends up getting fired, you know who to yell at on Twitter.
We wrote earlier in the week about Caryle’s uncertain status behind the Maple Leafs’ bench, noting that coaching decisions had been made in a number of other markets, but not Toronto.
If Dreger’s instincts are correct, we presume there will be a formal announcement regarding Carlyle, probably in tandem with a list of changes that Leafs management, now led by Brendan Shanahan, will be making in the wake of the team’s disastrous late-season collapse. Because changes will be definitely be coming, in one form or another. Shanahan wasn’t brought in to keep the status quo.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 1
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 22
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 30
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)