May 8, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Leafs meetings continue in Vegas. The fact Carlyle hasn't been fired to this point indicates he will back for another season on Leafs bench.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) May 08, 2014
So if Randy Carlyle ends up getting fired, you know who to yell at on Twitter.
We wrote earlier in the week about Caryle’s uncertain status behind the Maple Leafs’ bench, noting that coaching decisions had been made in a number of other markets, but not Toronto.
If Dreger’s instincts are correct, we presume there will be a formal announcement regarding Carlyle, probably in tandem with a list of changes that Leafs management, now led by Brendan Shanahan, will be making in the wake of the team’s disastrous late-season collapse. Because changes will be definitely be coming, in one form or another. Shanahan wasn’t brought in to keep the status quo.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22