May 8, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
Leafs meetings continue in Vegas. The fact Carlyle hasn't been fired to this point indicates he will back for another season on Leafs bench.—
Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) May 08, 2014
So if Randy Carlyle ends up getting fired, you know who to yell at on Twitter.
We wrote earlier in the week about Caryle’s uncertain status behind the Maple Leafs’ bench, noting that coaching decisions had been made in a number of other markets, but not Toronto.
If Dreger’s instincts are correct, we presume there will be a formal announcement regarding Carlyle, probably in tandem with a list of changes that Leafs management, now led by Brendan Shanahan, will be making in the wake of the team’s disastrous late-season collapse. Because changes will be definitely be coming, in one form or another. Shanahan wasn’t brought in to keep the status quo.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15