May 8, 2014, 1:26 PM EDT
From TSN’s Darren Dreger:
So if Randy Carlyle ends up getting fired, you know who to yell at on Twitter.
We wrote earlier in the week about Caryle’s uncertain status behind the Maple Leafs’ bench, noting that coaching decisions had been made in a number of other markets, but not Toronto.
If Dreger’s instincts are correct, we presume there will be a formal announcement regarding Carlyle, probably in tandem with a list of changes that Leafs management, now led by Brendan Shanahan, will be making in the wake of the team’s disastrous late-season collapse. Because changes will be definitely be coming, in one form or another. Shanahan wasn’t brought in to keep the status quo.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)