May 8, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are making some tweaks to their lineup heading into Game 4. Matt Bartkowski takes Andrej Meszaros‘ spot on defense while Matt Fraser will make his debut with Jordan Caron being the healthy scratch.
In the case of Bartkowski, Haggerty believes that this gives the B’s an increase in speed.
That’s likely a bigger impact move than Fraser getting his first bit of action, although the 23-year-old sounds primed for third-line duty. Haggerty reports that Fraser is trying to keep it cool even though this is a dream come true.
“As a kid you play for the Stanley Cup a thousand times when you’re in the street or on the outdoor rink, but not in this environment,” Fraser said. “It’s exciting obviously, for sure. I’m not trying to downplay it all, but once you’re out there you need to find your groove, and play your game.”
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 14
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 7
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)