May 8, 2014, 7:34 PM EST
The Boston Bruins are making some tweaks to their lineup heading into Game 4. Matt Bartkowski takes Andrej Meszaros‘ spot on defense while Matt Fraser will make his debut with Jordan Caron being the healthy scratch.
In the case of Bartkowski, Haggerty believes that this gives the B’s an increase in speed.
That’s likely a bigger impact move than Fraser getting his first bit of action, although the 23-year-old sounds primed for third-line duty. Haggerty reports that Fraser is trying to keep it cool even though this is a dream come true.
“As a kid you play for the Stanley Cup a thousand times when you’re in the street or on the outdoor rink, but not in this environment,” Fraser said. “It’s exciting obviously, for sure. I’m not trying to downplay it all, but once you’re out there you need to find your groove, and play your game.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8