May 8, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins are making some tweaks to their lineup heading into Game 4. Matt Bartkowski takes Andrej Meszaros‘ spot on defense while Matt Fraser will make his debut with Jordan Caron being the healthy scratch.
In the case of Bartkowski, Haggerty believes that this gives the B’s an increase in speed.
That’s likely a bigger impact move than Fraser getting his first bit of action, although the 23-year-old sounds primed for third-line duty. Haggerty reports that Fraser is trying to keep it cool even though this is a dream come true.
“As a kid you play for the Stanley Cup a thousand times when you’re in the street or on the outdoor rink, but not in this environment,” Fraser said. “It’s exciting obviously, for sure. I’m not trying to downplay it all, but once you’re out there you need to find your groove, and play your game.”
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)