May 7, 2014, 11:11 PM EDT
The New York Rangers followed up back-to-back shutout losses with a game where they only managed 15 shots on goal. To be fair they also scored two goals, but their power play was still ineffective, they weren’t able to swing the contest’s momentum whenever they caught a break, and they consequently lost their third straight contest.
With the team one game away from elimination, Rangers coach Alain Vigneault asked for the Rangers fans’ support.
“We may not look it, but we’re trying our guts off here,” Vigneault told ESPN’s Katie Strang.
Until the Rangers are eliminated, anything is possible. They only need to look at the Los Angeles Kings to be reminded of that.
Game 5 will be in Pittsburgh on Friday.
Richards on Game 4: "For whatever reason we didn't execute. I can't really tell you how good they played because we didn't test them"
— Tal Pinchevsky (@TalPinch) May 8, 2014
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)