May 7, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
As the Rangers’ situation becomes more dire and Rick Nash‘s goal scoring drought lengthens, the attention it’s getting is intensifying.
Nash hasn’t found the back of the net in 11 playoff games this year and has scored just two goals in 27 career postseason games. Only one of those markers have come with the New York Rangers.
For a guy that typically gets at least 30 goals per season — he finished with 26 in 2013-14, but was limited to 65 contests — that’s a pretty glaring figure. To go any further into it would risk being repetitive after we discussed this topic yesterday, but his problems were taken to another level tonight when fans at Madison Square Garden decided to boo him when he had the puck:
“I understand it. It’s tough,” Nash said of being booed, per Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
The silver lining for Nash is the Rangers aren’t eliminated yet. He still has one more chance to change the narrative.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)