May 7, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the United States Hockey League — the top junior circuit in America — concluded its 2014 Draft, a selection process that was filled with familiar hockey names.
Eetu Selanne, son of the NHL’s oldest player, Teemu, was selected by the expansion Madison Capitols while Chris Shero — who’s father, Ray, currently serves as the GM in Pittsburgh — was selected by the Des Moines Buccaneers.
As for other notable NHL surnames selected?
— Keiffer Bellows, son of Brian, was taken 13th overall by the Sioux Falls Stampede.
— Luke McInnis (son of Marty), and Ty Amonte (son of Tony) were taken by the Youngstown Phantoms.
— Callan Foote, son of Adam, was taken by the Omaha Lancers.
— Sean MacTavish, son of Craig, was taken by the Waterloo Black Hawks.
— Carter Woolley, son of Jason, was taken by the Muskegon Lumberjacks.
Earlier this year, Bellows and Graham McPhee — son of ex-Caps GM George — were selected to participate in the 2014 U.S. National Team Development Program camp. Other USNTDP invitees included Logan Brown, who’s father (Jeff) spent 12 years as an NHL defenseman.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)