May 7, 2014, 1:43 PM EDT
On Tuesday, the United States Hockey League — the top junior circuit in America — concluded its 2014 Draft, a selection process that was filled with familiar hockey names.
Eetu Selanne, son of the NHL’s oldest player, Teemu, was selected by the expansion Madison Capitols while Chris Shero — who’s father, Ray, currently serves as the GM in Pittsburgh — was selected by the Des Moines Buccaneers.
As for other notable NHL surnames selected?
— Keiffer Bellows, son of Brian, was taken 13th overall by the Sioux Falls Stampede.
— Luke McInnis (son of Marty), and Ty Amonte (son of Tony) were taken by the Youngstown Phantoms.
— Callan Foote, son of Adam, was taken by the Omaha Lancers.
— Sean MacTavish, son of Craig, was taken by the Waterloo Black Hawks.
— Carter Woolley, son of Jason, was taken by the Muskegon Lumberjacks.
Earlier this year, Bellows and Graham McPhee — son of ex-Caps GM George — were selected to participate in the 2014 U.S. National Team Development Program camp. Other USNTDP invitees included Logan Brown, who’s father (Jeff) spent 12 years as an NHL defenseman.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 20
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 19
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)