May 7, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg made some pretty interesting comments prior to Thursday’s Game 4 in Montreal.
“Yes, I’m feeling better,’’ Seidenberg said on Wednesday, per the Boston Globe. “I could probably play right now.’’
Seidenberg hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in late December. At first, the Bruins said he was done for the season, only to open the window for return ever so slightly in March, when GM Peter Chiarelli said the club wasn’t ruling Seidenberg out for the playoffs.
On Apr. 9, Seidenberg skated for the first time since surgery. Last week, he returned to practice with the full Bruins squad but didn’t participate in contact drills, and it still reportedly waiting for a green light to resume taking hits.
Though they’ve played well without him, the B’s could certainly use Seidenberg’s services, even as a motivational lift down 2-1 in the series. While he might be limited, Seidenber has emerged as a terrific shutdown defenseman and, during last year’s Stanley Cup run, was a vital contributor on Boston’s back end.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)