May 7, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg made some pretty interesting comments prior to Thursday’s Game 4 in Montreal.
“Yes, I’m feeling better,’’ Seidenberg said on Wednesday, per the Boston Globe. “I could probably play right now.’’
Seidenberg hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in late December. At first, the Bruins said he was done for the season, only to open the window for return ever so slightly in March, when GM Peter Chiarelli said the club wasn’t ruling Seidenberg out for the playoffs.
On Apr. 9, Seidenberg skated for the first time since surgery. Last week, he returned to practice with the full Bruins squad but didn’t participate in contact drills, and it still reportedly waiting for a green light to resume taking hits.
Though they’ve played well without him, the B’s could certainly use Seidenberg’s services, even as a motivational lift down 2-1 in the series. While he might be limited, Seidenber has emerged as a terrific shutdown defenseman and, during last year’s Stanley Cup run, was a vital contributor on Boston’s back end.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 8
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 8
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 25
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)