May 7, 2014, 5:33 PM EDT
Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg made some pretty interesting comments prior to Thursday’s Game 4 in Montreal.
“Yes, I’m feeling better,’’ Seidenberg said on Wednesday, per the Boston Globe. “I could probably play right now.’’
Seidenberg hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in late December. At first, the Bruins said he was done for the season, only to open the window for return ever so slightly in March, when GM Peter Chiarelli said the club wasn’t ruling Seidenberg out for the playoffs.
On Apr. 9, Seidenberg skated for the first time since surgery. Last week, he returned to practice with the full Bruins squad but didn’t participate in contact drills, and it still reportedly waiting for a green light to resume taking hits.
Though they’ve played well without him, the B’s could certainly use Seidenberg’s services, even as a motivational lift down 2-1 in the series. While he might be limited, Seidenber has emerged as a terrific shutdown defenseman and, during last year’s Stanley Cup run, was a vital contributor on Boston’s back end.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 1
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)