May 7, 2014, 5:33 PM EST
Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg made some pretty interesting comments prior to Thursday’s Game 4 in Montreal.
“Yes, I’m feeling better,’’ Seidenberg said on Wednesday, per the Boston Globe. “I could probably play right now.’’
Seidenberg hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in late December. At first, the Bruins said he was done for the season, only to open the window for return ever so slightly in March, when GM Peter Chiarelli said the club wasn’t ruling Seidenberg out for the playoffs.
On Apr. 9, Seidenberg skated for the first time since surgery. Last week, he returned to practice with the full Bruins squad but didn’t participate in contact drills, and it still reportedly waiting for a green light to resume taking hits.
Though they’ve played well without him, the B’s could certainly use Seidenberg’s services, even as a motivational lift down 2-1 in the series. While he might be limited, Seidenber has emerged as a terrific shutdown defenseman and, during last year’s Stanley Cup run, was a vital contributor on Boston’s back end.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)