May 7, 2014, 3:08 PM EST
Dallas Stars assistant coach James Patrick was arrested and charged with assault after a domestic incident last week, the Morning-News reports.
Patrick, 50, was charged with assault after he shoved his girlfriend during an argument about the contents of his phone, police said.
Patrick got to his home in the 9100 block of Chapel Valley Road around 1:20 a.m. April 30. His girlfriend told police Patrick smelled like alcohol and was covered in vomit, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
The woman helped Patrick undress but then confronted him after she saw several “inappropriate text messages” from another woman on his phone, the warrant says.
They began to wrestle over the phone, and Patrick grabbed the woman’s throat and pushed her face into the bathroom faucet, police said. She suffered a cut on her lower lip during the incident.
Patrick recently wrapped his first season in Dallas as an assistant under Lindy Ruff. Prior to the Stars gig, Patrick had spent the majority of his professional career in Buffalo, playing with the Sabres from 1999-2004 before getting hired as as Ruff’s assistant in 2006.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)