May 7, 2014, 3:08 PM EDT
Dallas Stars assistant coach James Patrick was arrested and charged with assault after a domestic incident last week, the Morning-News reports.
Patrick, 50, was charged with assault after he shoved his girlfriend during an argument about the contents of his phone, police said.
Patrick got to his home in the 9100 block of Chapel Valley Road around 1:20 a.m. April 30. His girlfriend told police Patrick smelled like alcohol and was covered in vomit, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.
The woman helped Patrick undress but then confronted him after she saw several “inappropriate text messages” from another woman on his phone, the warrant says.
They began to wrestle over the phone, and Patrick grabbed the woman’s throat and pushed her face into the bathroom faucet, police said. She suffered a cut on her lower lip during the incident.
Patrick recently wrapped his first season in Dallas as an assistant under Lindy Ruff. Prior to the Stars gig, Patrick had spent the majority of his professional career in Buffalo, playing with the Sabres from 1999-2004 before getting hired as as Ruff’s assistant in 2006.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)