May 7, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
San Jose forward Logan Couture has had some time to digest the fact that the Sharks were eliminated because they blew a 3-0 series lead in the first round to the Los Angeles Kings. That hasn’t helped.
“It’s still devastating,” Couture told CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada Radio. “It doesn’t get any easier. It’s been impossible to watch anymore hockey since we lost.”
He’s someone that badly wants to win and despite all the talent on San Jose’s roster, that hasn’t happened in his five NHL seasons. Every year he watches the last game of the Stanley Cup Final and when he sees the Cup come out, he feels jealous. That’s usually when he turns off the television rather than watch the ceremony.
“Something’s got to change,” Couture said. That might mean that guys get traded, but he feels the Sharks players, including himself, deserve whatever happens after they failed to get the job done.
The one thing that he would add is that the buck should stop with the players.
“I hate when people blame coaching staffs,” Couture said. “I hate when they blame general managers. It’s on the players that go out there and to win hockey games.”
Going forward, he will try to use this setback as motivation and he remains optimistic that the team will emerge stronger. Meanwhile, he plans to work on his personal strength, particularly when it comes to the wrist that he injured.
He missed 16 contests before returning on Feb. 27, but he admitted that he returned early and is still sore. He’ll rest the wrist for now, but he plans to strengthen that area over the summer and add a few pounds in general.
He doesn’t think he’ll ever get over how this year ended, although he might change his mind if he finally gets to be with the Cup instead of just seeing it on TV.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:45 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The rookie defensmen were recalled Friday.
Oct 25, 2014, 4:02 PM EDT
A rematch of last spring’s playoff series.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Suffered a skate cut to his right eyelid Friday night.
Oct 25, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
Antti Raanta and Brian Elliott go head-to-head as the Blackhawks and Blues battle in St. Louis.
Oct 25, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
The coach was quick to call home following Wednesday’s practice.
Oct 25, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
The Habs’ starter was injured in Game 1 of last spring’s Eastern Conference final against New York.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Josh Bailey placed on IR.
Oct 25, 2014, 11:45 AM EDT
Anthems will be played from Ottawa to the buildings in Montreal and Toronto.
Oct 25, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
San Jose hosts Buffalo in a Saturday matinee
Oct 25, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
Stars overcome controversial goal call for win in New Jersey.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
“I can see, thank God, I can see,” he reportedly said.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
She reportedly hasn’t spoken to police since being released from the hospital.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:30 AM EDT
It was the game-winner, too.
Oct 25, 2014, 12:00 AM EDT
Semyon Varlamov’s first win of 2014-15 and Colorado’s first home victory.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
Actually, Taylor Hall probably deserves the most credit for Edmonton’s highlight goal.
Oct 24, 2014, 11:12 PM EDT
Somehow the latter fight didn’t leave a crater in the ice.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars get the extra point.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:29 PM EDT
Injuries continue to … strike Tampa Bay.
Oct 24, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Update: Vladislav Namestnikov was credited with the last goal.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 4
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 30
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)