May 7, 2014, 12:24 AM EDT
It’s a series now.
The Minnesota Wild ensured this Western Conference second-round best-of-seven series will go a minimum of five games, courtesy a 4-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3 on Tuesday. Just like that, the Wild is back in it, and have a chance to even this up on home ice on Friday.
The Blackhawks, after the two teams battled through a scoreless tie for 40 minutes in Game 3, failed to capitalize on this opportunity to put the Wild down even further. They can’t let another chance get away from them.
Chicago’s top players were held in check throughout most of the night. Toews finished with just two shots on Ilya Bryzgalov, who posted his first Stanley Cup playoffs shutout since May of 2006. Patrick Kane had just one shot on goal.
The Wild checked the Blackhawks hard through two periods. It paid off in the third, as Minnesota came alive with four goals, including a pair from Mikael Granlund.
“They tend to play that game once in a while, where they like to shut things down and put you to sleep,” said Chicago’s goalie Corey Crawford.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 2
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 8
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)