May 7, 2014, 12:24 AM EDT
It’s a series now.
The Minnesota Wild ensured this Western Conference second-round best-of-seven series will go a minimum of five games, courtesy a 4-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 3 on Tuesday. Just like that, the Wild is back in it, and have a chance to even this up on home ice on Friday.
The Blackhawks, after the two teams battled through a scoreless tie for 40 minutes in Game 3, failed to capitalize on this opportunity to put the Wild down even further. They can’t let another chance get away from them.
Chicago’s top players were held in check throughout most of the night. Toews finished with just two shots on Ilya Bryzgalov, who posted his first Stanley Cup playoffs shutout since May of 2006. Patrick Kane had just one shot on goal.
The Wild checked the Blackhawks hard through two periods. It paid off in the third, as Minnesota came alive with four goals, including a pair from Mikael Granlund.
“They tend to play that game once in a while, where they like to shut things down and put you to sleep,” said Chicago’s goalie Corey Crawford.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)