May 6, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
The last time the Minnesota Wild were in 2-0 bind in a series, they were able to turn things around when things shifted to Minnesota for Game 3. They hope to duplicate that success in Tuesday’s Game 3 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Despite the Colorado Avalanche’s superior 2013-14 record, many will say “but this is the Blackhawks.” Chicago already grabbed two Stanley Cups in the Jonathan Toews – Patrick Kane era – and already ousted the Wild in five games back in 2013 – so the mountain seems a little taller for the Wild this time around.
We’ll see if Minnesota can get back into this series or if Chicago can threaten to make this a short one soon enough as the two teams scare off in Game 3 on CNBC. You can also watch by streaming the game via the link below.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7