May 6, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
When you look at the history between franchises, there’s an enormous gap between Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens and any other second-round series, even with regional rivalries taken into consideration.
For fans of bitterness and hostile hockey, the two historic teams haven’t disappointed through the first two games … and it’s difficult to imagine them becoming chums as a 2-1 series lead is on the line in Montreal for Game 3. The action airs on NBCSN and via the livestream link below.
There could be some noteworthy lineup changes right before things kick off, so stay tuned for updates at PHT.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)