May 6, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
The first period of Game 3 between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens might as well have been called “The P.K. Subban Show.”
To start things off, he grabbed an assist on the first goal of the game, although Thomas Vanek‘s rocket pass was the real star of that show:
Vanek and Subban’s next interaction wasn’t quite as positive, even if the impact was accidental.
Subban received a two-minute minor for roughing Bruins forward Reilly Smith, but the true roughing probably came on Vanek. The 30-year-old seemed to take the worst of that collision and didn’t return to action until he was seen on the Canadiens bench to begin the second period. PHT will keep an eye on how the pending free agent winger fares as Game 3 goes along.
That situation seemed easier to stomach/ignore for Canadiens fans as everything worked out so that Subban could spring loose from the penalty box and score this boisterous 2-0 goal.
Even if the Bruins negate the 24-year-old blueliner for the rest of the game, he’ll still ahve a two-point game. He now has 11 points in his last six games.
Oh yeah, he’s also a restricted free agent this summer.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)