May 6, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
The first period of Game 3 between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens might as well have been called “The P.K. Subban Show.”
To start things off, he grabbed an assist on the first goal of the game, although Thomas Vanek‘s rocket pass was the real star of that show:
Vanek and Subban’s next interaction wasn’t quite as positive, even if the impact was accidental.
Subban received a two-minute minor for roughing Bruins forward Reilly Smith, but the true roughing probably came on Vanek. The 30-year-old seemed to take the worst of that collision and didn’t return to action until he was seen on the Canadiens bench to begin the second period. PHT will keep an eye on how the pending free agent winger fares as Game 3 goes along.
That situation seemed easier to stomach/ignore for Canadiens fans as everything worked out so that Subban could spring loose from the penalty box and score this boisterous 2-0 goal.
Even if the Bruins negate the 24-year-old blueliner for the rest of the game, he’ll still ahve a two-point game. He now has 11 points in his last six games.
Oh yeah, he’s also a restricted free agent this summer.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5