May 6, 2014, 8:14 PM EST
The first period of Game 3 between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens might as well have been called “The P.K. Subban Show.”
To start things off, he grabbed an assist on the first goal of the game, although Thomas Vanek‘s rocket pass was the real star of that show:
Vanek and Subban’s next interaction wasn’t quite as positive, even if the impact was accidental.
Subban received a two-minute minor for roughing Bruins forward Reilly Smith, but the true roughing probably came on Vanek. The 30-year-old seemed to take the worst of that collision and didn’t return to action until he was seen on the Canadiens bench to begin the second period. PHT will keep an eye on how the pending free agent winger fares as Game 3 goes along.
That situation seemed easier to stomach/ignore for Canadiens fans as everything worked out so that Subban could spring loose from the penalty box and score this boisterous 2-0 goal.
Even if the Bruins negate the 24-year-old blueliner for the rest of the game, he’ll still ahve a two-point game. He now has 11 points in his last six games.
Oh yeah, he’s also a restricted free agent this summer.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 11
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 53
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)