May 6, 2014, 8:14 PM EDT
The first period of Game 3 between the Boston Bruins and Montreal Canadiens might as well have been called “The P.K. Subban Show.”
To start things off, he grabbed an assist on the first goal of the game, although Thomas Vanek‘s rocket pass was the real star of that show:
Vanek and Subban’s next interaction wasn’t quite as positive, even if the impact was accidental.
Subban received a two-minute minor for roughing Bruins forward Reilly Smith, but the true roughing probably came on Vanek. The 30-year-old seemed to take the worst of that collision and didn’t return to action until he was seen on the Canadiens bench to begin the second period. PHT will keep an eye on how the pending free agent winger fares as Game 3 goes along.
That situation seemed easier to stomach/ignore for Canadiens fans as everything worked out so that Subban could spring loose from the penalty box and score this boisterous 2-0 goal.
Even if the Bruins negate the 24-year-old blueliner for the rest of the game, he’ll still ahve a two-point game. He now has 11 points in his last six games.
Oh yeah, he’s also a restricted free agent this summer.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)