May 6, 2014, 2:02 AM EDT
Turns out this isn’t the first time that Perry, a well-known agitator, has tried the move:
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) May 6, 2014
It’ll be interesting to see how the Kings handle Perry and his antics moving forward. The Anaheim sniper has struggled this postseason, scoring just two goals in eight games, and has failed to register a single point against L.A. while registering a minus-2 rating with just seven total shots on goal.
One could suggest the NHL’s second-leading goalscorer during the regular season (with 43 goals) is focused too much on antagonizing the opposition rather than, you know, scoring goals. If so, that’s Perry’s prerogative… but it’s worth noting the Kings don’t sound like they’ll just accept this glove thing moving forward.
‘That’s part of Perry’s game,” Drew Doughty said, per Mayors’ Manor. “We’ll have to do something about that.”
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39