May 6, 2014, 2:02 AM EDT
Turns out this isn’t the first time that Perry, a well-known agitator, has tried the move:
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) May 6, 2014
It’ll be interesting to see how the Kings handle Perry and his antics moving forward. The Anaheim sniper has struggled this postseason, scoring just two goals in eight games, and has failed to register a single point against L.A. while registering a minus-2 rating with just seven total shots on goal.
One could suggest the NHL’s second-leading goalscorer during the regular season (with 43 goals) is focused too much on antagonizing the opposition rather than, you know, scoring goals. If so, that’s Perry’s prerogative… but it’s worth noting the Kings don’t sound like they’ll just accept this glove thing moving forward.
‘That’s part of Perry’s game,” Drew Doughty said, per Mayors’ Manor. “We’ll have to do something about that.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54