May 6, 2014, 2:02 AM EST
Turns out this isn’t the first time that Perry, a well-known agitator, has tried the move:
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) May 6, 2014
It’ll be interesting to see how the Kings handle Perry and his antics moving forward. The Anaheim sniper has struggled this postseason, scoring just two goals in eight games, and has failed to register a single point against L.A. while registering a minus-2 rating with just seven total shots on goal.
One could suggest the NHL’s second-leading goalscorer during the regular season (with 43 goals) is focused too much on antagonizing the opposition rather than, you know, scoring goals. If so, that’s Perry’s prerogative… but it’s worth noting the Kings don’t sound like they’ll just accept this glove thing moving forward.
‘That’s part of Perry’s game,” Drew Doughty said, per Mayors’ Manor. “We’ll have to do something about that.”
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 0
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 10
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 10
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56