May 6, 2014, 2:02 AM EDT
Turns out this isn’t the first time that Perry, a well-known agitator, has tried the move:
— The Mayor John Hoven (@mayorNHL) May 6, 2014
It’ll be interesting to see how the Kings handle Perry and his antics moving forward. The Anaheim sniper has struggled this postseason, scoring just two goals in eight games, and has failed to register a single point against L.A. while registering a minus-2 rating with just seven total shots on goal.
One could suggest the NHL’s second-leading goalscorer during the regular season (with 43 goals) is focused too much on antagonizing the opposition rather than, you know, scoring goals. If so, that’s Perry’s prerogative… but it’s worth noting the Kings don’t sound like they’ll just accept this glove thing moving forward.
‘That’s part of Perry’s game,” Drew Doughty said, per Mayors’ Manor. “We’ll have to do something about that.”
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 0
- A taste of revenge? Blackhawks deal blow to Kings’ playoff hopes 7
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6