May 6, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Nick Leddy has been a fixture in the Chicago Blackhawks lineup for three seasons now, and that’s not just restricted to the regular season. He’s been a regular in playoffs, too.
However, he was not in Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday. Instead, he was a healthy scratch. Unfortunate for him on an individual level, considering he’s from the state of Minnesota. Difficulties in Chicago’s Game 2 victory over the Wild to take a 2-0 series lead ultimately landed Leddy in the press box, according to CSN Chicago.
“I’ve got all my friends and family watching so obviously that has a little bit of an effect. But there’s definitely more excitement,” Leddy said, as per CSN Chicago.
“I don’t think (Game 2) was one of my better games. I have to get better and if I am, we’ll see what happens.”
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 1
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 33
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)