May 6, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Nick Leddy has been a fixture in the Chicago Blackhawks lineup for three seasons now, and that’s not just restricted to the regular season. He’s been a regular in playoffs, too.
However, he was not in Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday. Instead, he was a healthy scratch. Unfortunate for him on an individual level, considering he’s from the state of Minnesota. Difficulties in Chicago’s Game 2 victory over the Wild to take a 2-0 series lead ultimately landed Leddy in the press box, according to CSN Chicago.
“I’ve got all my friends and family watching so obviously that has a little bit of an effect. But there’s definitely more excitement,” Leddy said, as per CSN Chicago.
“I don’t think (Game 2) was one of my better games. I have to get better and if I am, we’ll see what happens.”
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)