May 6, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Nick Leddy has been a fixture in the Chicago Blackhawks lineup for three seasons now, and that’s not just restricted to the regular season. He’s been a regular in playoffs, too.
However, he was not in Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday. Instead, he was a healthy scratch. Unfortunate for him on an individual level, considering he’s from the state of Minnesota. Difficulties in Chicago’s Game 2 victory over the Wild to take a 2-0 series lead ultimately landed Leddy in the press box, according to CSN Chicago.
“I’ve got all my friends and family watching so obviously that has a little bit of an effect. But there’s definitely more excitement,” Leddy said, as per CSN Chicago.
“I don’t think (Game 2) was one of my better games. I have to get better and if I am, we’ll see what happens.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)