May 6, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Nick Leddy has been a fixture in the Chicago Blackhawks lineup for three seasons now, and that’s not just restricted to the regular season. He’s been a regular in playoffs, too.
However, he was not in Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday. Instead, he was a healthy scratch. Unfortunate for him on an individual level, considering he’s from the state of Minnesota. Difficulties in Chicago’s Game 2 victory over the Wild to take a 2-0 series lead ultimately landed Leddy in the press box, according to CSN Chicago.
“I’ve got all my friends and family watching so obviously that has a little bit of an effect. But there’s definitely more excitement,” Leddy said, as per CSN Chicago.
“I don’t think (Game 2) was one of my better games. I have to get better and if I am, we’ll see what happens.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)