May 6, 2014, 9:37 PM EDT
Nick Leddy has been a fixture in the Chicago Blackhawks lineup for three seasons now, and that’s not just restricted to the regular season. He’s been a regular in playoffs, too.
However, he was not in Chicago’s lineup for Game 3 against the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday. Instead, he was a healthy scratch. Unfortunate for him on an individual level, considering he’s from the state of Minnesota. Difficulties in Chicago’s Game 2 victory over the Wild to take a 2-0 series lead ultimately landed Leddy in the press box, according to CSN Chicago.
“I’ve got all my friends and family watching so obviously that has a little bit of an effect. But there’s definitely more excitement,” Leddy said, as per CSN Chicago.
“I don’t think (Game 2) was one of my better games. I have to get better and if I am, we’ll see what happens.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21