May 6, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Hey, remember yesterday when we suggested the media was doing its best to stir up the maximum amount of controversy in the Bruins-Canadiens series?
If you missed it, it was in a post where we…um…kinda tried to stir up some controversy based on some remarks Montreal coach Michel Therrien made about the Bruins trying to influence the reffing.
Which in our defense, was a pretty darn controversial thing to suggest.
Still, Boston coach Claude Julien thinks all this controversy stuff is getting a bit overblown.
“We know that since the beginning of the playoffs, lots of things have been exaggerated to build an off-ice rivalry,” Julien said, per CSN New England.
And we’ll concede, maybe he has a point.
Game 3 of the series goes tonight in Montreal, where it should be noted that controversial things have happened before…
So if something controversial happens tonight — like, say, that cheap-shot artist Milan Lucic sticks a guy in the groin again, or that serial flopper PK Subban takes another dive — be sure to visit PHT.
Not that we’d ever intentionally try to stir things up.
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 21
- All eyes on Lundqvist 9
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)