May 6, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Hey, remember yesterday when we suggested the media was doing its best to stir up the maximum amount of controversy in the Bruins-Canadiens series?
If you missed it, it was in a post where we…um…kinda tried to stir up some controversy based on some remarks Montreal coach Michel Therrien made about the Bruins trying to influence the reffing.
Which in our defense, was a pretty darn controversial thing to suggest.
Still, Boston coach Claude Julien thinks all this controversy stuff is getting a bit overblown.
“We know that since the beginning of the playoffs, lots of things have been exaggerated to build an off-ice rivalry,” Julien said, per CSN New England.
And we’ll concede, maybe he has a point.
Game 3 of the series goes tonight in Montreal, where it should be noted that controversial things have happened before…
So if something controversial happens tonight — like, say, that cheap-shot artist Milan Lucic sticks a guy in the groin again, or that serial flopper PK Subban takes another dive — be sure to visit PHT.
Not that we’d ever intentionally try to stir things up.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)