May 6, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Hey, remember yesterday when we suggested the media was doing its best to stir up the maximum amount of controversy in the Bruins-Canadiens series?
If you missed it, it was in a post where we…um…kinda tried to stir up some controversy based on some remarks Montreal coach Michel Therrien made about the Bruins trying to influence the reffing.
Which in our defense, was a pretty darn controversial thing to suggest.
Still, Boston coach Claude Julien thinks all this controversy stuff is getting a bit overblown.
“We know that since the beginning of the playoffs, lots of things have been exaggerated to build an off-ice rivalry,” Julien said, per CSN New England.
And we’ll concede, maybe he has a point.
Game 3 of the series goes tonight in Montreal, where it should be noted that controversial things have happened before…
So if something controversial happens tonight — like, say, that cheap-shot artist Milan Lucic sticks a guy in the groin again, or that serial flopper PK Subban takes another dive — be sure to visit PHT.
Not that we’d ever intentionally try to stir things up.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 0
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 20
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 30
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)