May 6, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Hey, remember yesterday when we suggested the media was doing its best to stir up the maximum amount of controversy in the Bruins-Canadiens series?
If you missed it, it was in a post where we…um…kinda tried to stir up some controversy based on some remarks Montreal coach Michel Therrien made about the Bruins trying to influence the reffing.
Which in our defense, was a pretty darn controversial thing to suggest.
Still, Boston coach Claude Julien thinks all this controversy stuff is getting a bit overblown.
“We know that since the beginning of the playoffs, lots of things have been exaggerated to build an off-ice rivalry,” Julien said, per CSN New England.
And we’ll concede, maybe he has a point.
Game 3 of the series goes tonight in Montreal, where it should be noted that controversial things have happened before…
So if something controversial happens tonight — like, say, that cheap-shot artist Milan Lucic sticks a guy in the groin again, or that serial flopper PK Subban takes another dive — be sure to visit PHT.
Not that we’d ever intentionally try to stir things up.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)