May 6, 2014, 9:42 AM EDT
Getzlaf and the rest of the Ducks were shut down and shutout by the Kings in Game 2. With Anaheim having home ice in Game 2, coach Bruce Boudreau did his best to get Getzlaf and his line matched up away from Kopitar’s line.
As Boudreau said after the game, his reasoning was simple as Jon Rosen of L.A. Kings Insider shared.
“Well, I did it because Kopitar’s line was dominating them,” Boudreau said. “When they’re dominating them, I could be stubborn and leave ’em out there all day, but we had to move something around to get away from it, and maybe his line could get something accomplished.”
Nothing got accomplished, however, as the Ducks weren’t able to beat Jonathan Quick. While Getzlaf’s line with Corey Perry and Matt Beleskey were able to generate plenty of shots, the quality chances weren’t there to be had. As it is, Getzlaf has two assists in the series.
With how Kopitar and his line have played offensively (Kopitar has a point in every game in the playoffs so far), the defensive domination is an added frustration for Anaheim.
With the series moving to Staples Center in Los Angeles, Getzlaf and his linemates better get accustomed to seeing Kopitar and start finding a way to gain an edge.
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs Day at PHT 0
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 19
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 40
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 35
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (40)