May 5, 2014, 6:51 PM EDT
Don’t worry, this isn’t hockey “Groundhog Day.” Instead, it’s Game 3 between the New York Rangers and Pittsburgh Penguins; a change of venues to Madison Square Garden should help to shake too many feelings of deja vu.
The Penguins played one of their best playoff games in quite some time in beating the Rangers 3-0 in Game 2 on Sunday, prompting plenty of questions about fatigue. We’ll see which team grabs a 2-1 series lead in Game 3 on NBCSN and also streaming in the link below:
The Sidney Crosby and Rick Nash first-goal watches continue, but there’s a lot more than that on the line. The Rangers hope to find solutions on their power play while the Penguins aim to exploit a possible advantage in rest. It all shapes up for an important and intriguing matchup in this second-round series.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 19
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3