May 5, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist kept the New York Rangers in the game and managed to keep Sidney Crosby at zero playoff goals in 2014, but the Pittsburgh Penguins’ top players still excelled in Game 2. That wasn’t lost on Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, who called out his own best weapons heading into Monday’s big Game 3.
That sounds like a challenge, although Vigneault had an interesting take on how his top guys might view that “big boy pants” bit.
Vigneault called out his top two defensive pairings in particular, stating that they collectively experienced a tough night on Sunday.
It doesn’t sound like there will be too many big changes, although it appears that Jesper Fast will replace Derek Dorsett in Game 3. No word on whether Fast gives the Rangers more big boy pants than Dorsett would. (Do pests like Dorsett wear big boy pants too? There are a lot of questions and not enough answers about big boy pants …)
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)