May 5, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist kept the New York Rangers in the game and managed to keep Sidney Crosby at zero playoff goals in 2014, but the Pittsburgh Penguins’ top players still excelled in Game 2. That wasn’t lost on Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, who called out his own best weapons heading into Monday’s big Game 3.
That sounds like a challenge, although Vigneault had an interesting take on how his top guys might view that “big boy pants” bit.
Vigneault called out his top two defensive pairings in particular, stating that they collectively experienced a tough night on Sunday.
It doesn’t sound like there will be too many big changes, although it appears that Jesper Fast will replace Derek Dorsett in Game 3. No word on whether Fast gives the Rangers more big boy pants than Dorsett would. (Do pests like Dorsett wear big boy pants too? There are a lot of questions and not enough answers about big boy pants …)
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 2
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 16
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 22
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 14
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)