May 5, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist kept the New York Rangers in the game and managed to keep Sidney Crosby at zero playoff goals in 2014, but the Pittsburgh Penguins’ top players still excelled in Game 2. That wasn’t lost on Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, who called out his own best weapons heading into Monday’s big Game 3.
That sounds like a challenge, although Vigneault had an interesting take on how his top guys might view that “big boy pants” bit.
Vigneault called out his top two defensive pairings in particular, stating that they collectively experienced a tough night on Sunday.
It doesn’t sound like there will be too many big changes, although it appears that Jesper Fast will replace Derek Dorsett in Game 3. No word on whether Fast gives the Rangers more big boy pants than Dorsett would. (Do pests like Dorsett wear big boy pants too? There are a lot of questions and not enough answers about big boy pants …)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5