May 5, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist kept the New York Rangers in the game and managed to keep Sidney Crosby at zero playoff goals in 2014, but the Pittsburgh Penguins’ top players still excelled in Game 2. That wasn’t lost on Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, who called out his own best weapons heading into Monday’s big Game 3.
That sounds like a challenge, although Vigneault had an interesting take on how his top guys might view that “big boy pants” bit.
Vigneault called out his top two defensive pairings in particular, stating that they collectively experienced a tough night on Sunday.
It doesn’t sound like there will be too many big changes, although it appears that Jesper Fast will replace Derek Dorsett in Game 3. No word on whether Fast gives the Rangers more big boy pants than Dorsett would. (Do pests like Dorsett wear big boy pants too? There are a lot of questions and not enough answers about big boy pants …)
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)