May 5, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Henrik Lundqvist kept the New York Rangers in the game and managed to keep Sidney Crosby at zero playoff goals in 2014, but the Pittsburgh Penguins’ top players still excelled in Game 2. That wasn’t lost on Rangers head coach Alain Vigneault, who called out his own best weapons heading into Monday’s big Game 3.
That sounds like a challenge, although Vigneault had an interesting take on how his top guys might view that “big boy pants” bit.
Vigneault called out his top two defensive pairings in particular, stating that they collectively experienced a tough night on Sunday.
It doesn’t sound like there will be too many big changes, although it appears that Jesper Fast will replace Derek Dorsett in Game 3. No word on whether Fast gives the Rangers more big boy pants than Dorsett would. (Do pests like Dorsett wear big boy pants too? There are a lot of questions and not enough answers about big boy pants …)
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 43
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 34
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 10
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22