May 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers still have a period to straighten out their power play, but the second period of Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins might leave them thinking that their man advantage is cursed.
To start things off, the spillover from a double-minor penalty from the first period ended up leaving the Rangers with nothing but a sore Jesper Fast:
Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of this postseason not very long after that power play expired:
If that wasn’t enough, after a busy but unproductive man advantage left the Rangers in an 0-for-33 power-play slump, Jussi Jokinen managed to spring right out of the penalty box and score a 2-0 goal that had to really hurt:
Maybe luck just isn’t on the Rangers’ side on Monday. Mats Zuccarello nearly scored a goal but it was not to be and they find themselves down 2-0 despite a 26-14 shot advantage through two periods.
Marc-Andre Fleury has been on top of his game for at least five periods now:
We’ll see if the Blueshirts get enough bounces to change things up in the third period, though.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)