May 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers still have a period to straighten out their power play, but the second period of Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins might leave them thinking that their man advantage is cursed.
To start things off, the spillover from a double-minor penalty from the first period ended up leaving the Rangers with nothing but a sore Jesper Fast:
Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of this postseason not very long after that power play expired:
If that wasn’t enough, after a busy but unproductive man advantage left the Rangers in an 0-for-33 power-play slump, Jussi Jokinen managed to spring right out of the penalty box and score a 2-0 goal that had to really hurt:
Maybe luck just isn’t on the Rangers’ side on Monday. Mats Zuccarello nearly scored a goal but it was not to be and they find themselves down 2-0 despite a 26-14 shot advantage through two periods.
Marc-Andre Fleury has been on top of his game for at least five periods now:
We’ll see if the Blueshirts get enough bounces to change things up in the third period, though.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 35
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 98
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 87
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (98)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)