May 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers still have a period to straighten out their power play, but the second period of Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins might leave them thinking that their man advantage is cursed.
To start things off, the spillover from a double-minor penalty from the first period ended up leaving the Rangers with nothing but a sore Jesper Fast:
Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of this postseason not very long after that power play expired:
If that wasn’t enough, after a busy but unproductive man advantage left the Rangers in an 0-for-33 power-play slump, Jussi Jokinen managed to spring right out of the penalty box and score a 2-0 goal that had to really hurt:
Maybe luck just isn’t on the Rangers’ side on Monday. Mats Zuccarello nearly scored a goal but it was not to be and they find themselves down 2-0 despite a 26-14 shot advantage through two periods.
Marc-Andre Fleury has been on top of his game for at least five periods now:
We’ll see if the Blueshirts get enough bounces to change things up in the third period, though.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)