May 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers still have a period to straighten out their power play, but the second period of Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins might leave them thinking that their man advantage is cursed.
To start things off, the spillover from a double-minor penalty from the first period ended up leaving the Rangers with nothing but a sore Jesper Fast:
Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of this postseason not very long after that power play expired:
If that wasn’t enough, after a busy but unproductive man advantage left the Rangers in an 0-for-33 power-play slump, Jussi Jokinen managed to spring right out of the penalty box and score a 2-0 goal that had to really hurt:
Maybe luck just isn’t on the Rangers’ side on Monday. Mats Zuccarello nearly scored a goal but it was not to be and they find themselves down 2-0 despite a 26-14 shot advantage through two periods.
Marc-Andre Fleury has been on top of his game for at least five periods now:
We’ll see if the Blueshirts get enough bounces to change things up in the third period, though.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)