May 5, 2014, 9:20 PM EDT
The New York Rangers still have a period to straighten out their power play, but the second period of Game 3 against the Pittsburgh Penguins might leave them thinking that their man advantage is cursed.
To start things off, the spillover from a double-minor penalty from the first period ended up leaving the Rangers with nothing but a sore Jesper Fast:
Sidney Crosby scored his first goal of this postseason not very long after that power play expired:
If that wasn’t enough, after a busy but unproductive man advantage left the Rangers in an 0-for-33 power-play slump, Jussi Jokinen managed to spring right out of the penalty box and score a 2-0 goal that had to really hurt:
Maybe luck just isn’t on the Rangers’ side on Monday. Mats Zuccarello nearly scored a goal but it was not to be and they find themselves down 2-0 despite a 26-14 shot advantage through two periods.
Marc-Andre Fleury has been on top of his game for at least five periods now:
We’ll see if the Blueshirts get enough bounces to change things up in the third period, though.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)