May 5, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Marian Gaborik is proving to be a sage deadline pickup.
The Slovakian sniper scored his sixth goal of the playoffs — and third goal of the second round — really early on Monday night, giving the Kings a 1-0 lead on the Ducks just 34 seconds in at the Honda Center:
Gaborik’s quick Game 2 start comes on the heels of an unforgettable Game 1, in which he scored the equalizing goal with seven seconds left in regulation, then won it for L.A. in overtime. According to Elias Sports, he became the first player in NHL playoff history to score a game-tying goal in final 10 seconds of regulation and then score the OT winner.
Gaborik isn’t the only King making his mark this postseason, though. Anze Kopitar assisted on tonight’s goal, giving him at least one point in each of L.A.’s first nine games of the playoffs.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)