May 5, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
Marian Gaborik is proving to be a sage deadline pickup.
The Slovakian sniper scored his sixth goal of the playoffs — and third goal of the second round — really early on Monday night, giving the Kings a 1-0 lead on the Ducks just 34 seconds in at the Honda Center:
Gaborik’s quick Game 2 start comes on the heels of an unforgettable Game 1, in which he scored the equalizing goal with seven seconds left in regulation, then won it for L.A. in overtime. According to Elias Sports, he became the first player in NHL playoff history to score a game-tying goal in final 10 seconds of regulation and then score the OT winner.
Gaborik isn’t the only King making his mark this postseason, though. Anze Kopitar assisted on tonight’s goal, giving him at least one point in each of L.A.’s first nine games of the playoffs.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 4
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 10
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 26
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)