May 5, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
As of this writing, Marc-Andre Fleury has been sensational in Game 3 and seems to be on a hot streak against the New York Rangers in general. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t been getting some luck, however.
Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello came oh-so-close to scoring what would have been a crucial goal for his team in an unlucky second period for the Blueshirts, but it was not to be. Afterward, Fleury thanked his crossbar in a way that evokes memories of other goalies (such as Patrick Roy and Peter Budaj in this video) showing appreciation for their posts over the years.
Check out this montage of some of Fleury’s best work from the first two periods of Monday’s game, which includes that little bit of affection between goalie and crossbar:
At 8:02 of the second period in the Pittsburgh Penguins/New York Rangers game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Pittsburgh net. Video review determined that the puck hit the crossbar and did not cross the Pittsburgh goal line. No goal New York Rangers.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 2
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)