May 5, 2014, 9:54 PM EST
As of this writing, Marc-Andre Fleury has been sensational in Game 3 and seems to be on a hot streak against the New York Rangers in general. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t been getting some luck, however.
Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello came oh-so-close to scoring what would have been a crucial goal for his team in an unlucky second period for the Blueshirts, but it was not to be. Afterward, Fleury thanked his crossbar in a way that evokes memories of other goalies (such as Patrick Roy and Peter Budaj in this video) showing appreciation for their posts over the years.
Check out this montage of some of Fleury’s best work from the first two periods of Monday’s game, which includes that little bit of affection between goalie and crossbar:
At 8:02 of the second period in the Pittsburgh Penguins/New York Rangers game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Pittsburgh net. Video review determined that the puck hit the crossbar and did not cross the Pittsburgh goal line. No goal New York Rangers.
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 19
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 25
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11