May 5, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
As of this writing, Marc-Andre Fleury has been sensational in Game 3 and seems to be on a hot streak against the New York Rangers in general. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t been getting some luck, however.
Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello came oh-so-close to scoring what would have been a crucial goal for his team in an unlucky second period for the Blueshirts, but it was not to be. Afterward, Fleury thanked his crossbar in a way that evokes memories of other goalies (such as Patrick Roy and Peter Budaj in this video) showing appreciation for their posts over the years.
Check out this montage of some of Fleury’s best work from the first two periods of Monday’s game, which includes that little bit of affection between goalie and crossbar:
At 8:02 of the second period in the Pittsburgh Penguins/New York Rangers game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Pittsburgh net. Video review determined that the puck hit the crossbar and did not cross the Pittsburgh goal line. No goal New York Rangers.
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 26
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 21
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 20
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 32
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 48
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 33
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 27
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 46
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)