May 5, 2014, 9:54 PM EDT
As of this writing, Marc-Andre Fleury has been sensational in Game 3 and seems to be on a hot streak against the New York Rangers in general. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t been getting some luck, however.
Rangers forward Mats Zuccarello came oh-so-close to scoring what would have been a crucial goal for his team in an unlucky second period for the Blueshirts, but it was not to be. Afterward, Fleury thanked his crossbar in a way that evokes memories of other goalies (such as Patrick Roy and Peter Budaj in this video) showing appreciation for their posts over the years.
Check out this montage of some of Fleury’s best work from the first two periods of Monday’s game, which includes that little bit of affection between goalie and crossbar:
At 8:02 of the second period in the Pittsburgh Penguins/New York Rangers game, the Situation Room initiated a video review to further examine a play at the Pittsburgh net. Video review determined that the puck hit the crossbar and did not cross the Pittsburgh goal line. No goal New York Rangers.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5